140 pounds down and in onederland!

Options

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations! I keep doing well for a few months, then dropping off... then having to RE-start over and over, and it's been going on a few years! I think my "all or nothing cause gotta lose this much, by this date" approach is obviously not working- so I'm trying to look at it in a new way and so I love seeing progress like yours- it that tells me it CAN be done and to just keep watching the calories and don't set unrealistic expectations that make me quit when I can't obtain them! You look amazing, and it's got to be a huge feeling of accomplishment!!

I feel great, but will feel better when i lose the last 30! I will literally have lost half of myself! I definitely did the on and off thing for a while! It's hard to stay on track, but when you see the results it sort of gets addicting.

You can definitely do it, like i said if i can, anyone can!

Did you have noticable joint relief from that much weight loss? How did family/friends react to your disappearing fete?
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look great so you ate what you want just watched calories

mostly eating whatever i want, trying to stay low carb, but not always staying on it completely.
  • stephiejean37
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations! I keep doing well for a few months, then dropping off... then having to RE-start over and over, and it's been going on a few years! I think my "all or nothing cause gotta lose this much, by this date" approach is obviously not working- so I'm trying to look at it in a new way and so I love seeing progress like yours- it that tells me it CAN be done and to just keep watching the calories and don't set unrealistic expectations that make me quit when I can't obtain them! You look amazing, and it's got to be a huge feeling of accomplishment!!

I feel great, but will feel better when i lose the last 30! I will literally have lost half of myself! I definitely did the on and off thing for a while! It's hard to stay on track, but when you see the results it sort of gets addicting.

You can definitely do it, like i said if i can, anyone can!

Did you have noticable joint relief from that much weight loss? How did family/friends react to your disappearing fete?

I never had any sort of joint pain before, however I don't get winded now just walking to/from the car up/down the stairs etc. My friends and family have been my biggest support system, and keep me motivated, although i have also gone through a divorce over the last year. A lot of people ask me if my weight loss had anything to do with it, but it definitely didn't.
  • stephiejean37
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race :heart:
    Fantastic results. I need to get some of that determination.

you can do it!!!!
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love success stories....
  • stephiejean37
    Options
    Down another 20 pounds, ten to go!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Down another 20 pounds, ten to go!

since this post your 20lbs down holy smoke!
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMG?? Did you say you were 198??? I can't believe it. Your picture looks way less. What kind of exercise did you do? I am always looking for ideas. You look great!!
  • stephiejean37
    edited November 2017
    Options
    xhuerax wrote: »
    OMG?? Did you say you were 198??? I can't believe it. Your picture looks way less. What kind of exercise did you do? I am always looking for ideas. You look great!!

the picture in this post is 198, my new profile picture is 185 ish. I havent done a ton of exercise, just started really. I do squats, sit ups and just introduced hand weights. I also try to do at least a mile on the treadmill 3 times a week.

I just hide the weight well lol
  • vnb_208
    Options
    How did you loose 20lbs since the post?
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    congratulations good work
  • stephiejean37
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    How did you loose 20lbs since the post?

working my butt off! 17 to be exact, it's been about a month since i posted this originally!
  • vnb_208
    Options
    my scale hasnt moved in 2 months :/ at 1320 calories & working out .. and of course measuring my food
  • stephiejean37
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    my scale hasnt moved in 2 months :/ at 1320 calories & working out .. and of course measuring my food

Sounds like a plateau, I do mostly low carb, and it helps me when i stick to low carb i lose faster.
  • furiousmunchkin
    furiousmunchkin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I am 204 right now and getting so frustrated trying to reach 199! This post has encouraged me to keep pushing and be patient. You look fabulous! You should be so proud. That's amazing! You're amazing!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Woo! Get it!!!
  • JREmore
    JREmore Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You've definitely help motivate me on my journey! Keep up that fantastic job!!
  • stephiejean37
    Options
    Awesome!!! I am 204 right now and getting so frustrated trying to reach 199! This post has encouraged me to keep pushing and be patient. You look fabulous! You should be so proud. That's amazing! You're amazing!

I felt like I would never get there, but i did, and you will too, just keep pushing!
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Side note: what type of gun is that in the first pic? Is it a glock? I ask b/c I'm a gun enthusiast.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Side note: what type of gun is that in the first pic? Is it a glock? I ask b/c I'm a gun enthusiast.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!