Silly question about headbands - mine never stay on?

Options
Richterchuk
Richterchuk Posts: 16 Member
Does anyone else have problems with headbands not staying on their head? I like to pull back my hair when I workout but using a headband would be so much cuter than all the little clips I have to use to keep my bangs back. The only thing is, as soon as I put one on, I can feel it slipping - they never stay on for me!

Is there a certain "brand" that I need to buy (currently I just use whatever the drugstore sells) but so far it's been a waste of money because I can't use them.

TIA for your response!

Replies

• elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I hope you find an answer because I have the same problem! I see girls on the beach, out walking, working out with their hair up high and a cute headband on and they don't seem to move at all but the second mine go on I'm adjusting because of slipping!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! Ugh! I figured out it's because the back of my skull is more flat towards the base thus the headband just slips up.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    OP, looks like you have a pretty round head. That might be the problem.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd love an answer to this too! My hair even slips out of bobby pins unless I use like 2574584975075 of them!! :(
  • Bhubacher77
    Options
    There is a brand that has grips on the back that work a little better, however they are not very cute. I love headbands and wear them all the time. I would always get so aggravated because they always slipped off so I started putting a couple bobby pins in the back to hold them down and it works pretty good!
  • TardisMom
    TardisMom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you use the stretchy kind that goes around the back of your hair you can use two or so tiny clips clipped onto the headband to hold it in place and they aren't really noticeable.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this kind? Well it doesn't show very well but it goes all the way around.
    206221_10150245587287823_2955459_n_zps67961582.jpg
  • catsnap213
    catsnap213 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You find a answer I would love to hear it.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Use bobby pins to hold it in place
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I can't stand them so I always wear a bandana which helps with the sweat as well :smile:
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    UGH. I have this issue too & I hate it... i don't even care if it looks cute, I just want my hair to stay back without 20 clips that are probably tearing my hair out :(

I've found a bandana seems to do an OK job - it's a little annoying trying to tie it around my head so I'd really rather a headband, but for now I mix a couple clips & the bandana.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

^^ You literally about made me choke on my salad. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I do have the same problem though so I snatched it off and said screw it. I'll just keep my ball cap on. lol
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The only band that I can get to stay on my head even during an intense workout is called Sweaty bands. They don't keep all the sweat out of my eyes like a bandanna or hat but they stay put.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    SWEATY BANDS! I totally shouted that part so that you would hear it. They are seriously the best and never slip or move during a workout. I wear them for everything from running to boot camp to Zumba and have never had one even move during a class/run. They come in cute styles and colors too. I prefer the ones that are 1" to 1.5" in width, and I really haven't tried the "skinnier" ones.

This is the website: http://www.sweatybands.com/en/shop-sweaty-products

FWIW, I am not affiliated with Sweaty Bands, nor do I sell them in any way (except by recommending them all over the place).
  • Richterchuk
    Richterchuk Posts: 16 Member
    Options

This literally made me laugh out loud, thanks for the laugh!

Thanks for the other replies as well - I will try bobby pins, and the sweaty bands! I have not tried the skinny headband yet either, perhaps that is part of my problem as well (buying just the thick ones).
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this kind? Well it doesn't show very well but it goes all the way around.
    206221_10150245587287823_2955459_n_zps67961582.jpg

I use these kind, but when exercising they only last for so long.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all and come to the conclusion that it's the shape of my head that is the problem.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I go for a thicker plastic ones or sometimes even the cute mental ones seems to work okay for me
  • SammehRae420
    Options
    Hey, this is a HUGE issue with my hair. My best advice get a thin rubber headband that doesn't slide and Bobby pin it in four places, top bottom and both sides behind the ears (make sure the ones behind the ears are going towards your face not the back of your head, and then hide it under a larger one.
    Yay for round heads! Lol, hope this helps some of you! :)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Add me