Looking for make ahead meals for someone with gallbladder issues.

Options
KayHBE
KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
My daughter is having a baby any day and she is having troubles with her gallbladder. I want to make her some freezer meals but not sure what is good for her gallbladder. I know dairy and fats are not so good for her right now. Not sure what else is bad or what would be in the good for her zone. Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Can't speak to gallbladder recipes but I do know a great resource for freezer meals, Search for Once a Month Meals. They are a meal plan service but still have a lot of recipes on their website that are free. Congrats on the new little one coming and I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I had terrible gall bladder issues previously. I don't have specific recipes, but try to steer clear of dairy and meats. They tore me up! And eggs were the worst!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you. I'll look at Once a month.... Dairy is horrible for her and spicy.
  • lindseykwalker4
    lindseykwalker4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed because it was killing my pancreas. Still have issues due to that today.
    I always do just perfect with anything homecooked. Nothing with too much dairy (keep it limited) and definitely nothing too greasy. If you go away from stuff she's used to it could also fire that up big time. So try to stick to a range of stuff she's used to eating.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Sorry this in not a recipe but if by "Gaul bladder troubles" you mean her bile flow is poor, this might be helpful.

If she is able to have a glass of water with some lemon juice squeezed into it around meals, this might ease some of her symptoms. Its important that it is not too concentrated, apx juice of half a lemon to 200 ml apx water should be fine, the idea is the lemon helps the bile flow more freely. (If not with all three meals once or twice daily should help). Being a natural remedy, it should not cause a problem with her pregnancy. Keeping well hydrated will also help.

Bile is made from bitter foods but the only other bitter food I can remember on the list was Brussel sprouts!

I hope her system returns to normal soon after the little one arrives. All the very best to you both/all. Baby due in our family around late November.
  • drgnfly1216
    drgnfly1216 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed and now I deal with pancreatitis so my Gastroenterologist has me drinking 2 cups of coffee and 1 cup of smooth move tea a day and it has worked wonders.
  • Mickey_star
    Mickey_star Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Drinking a glass of water with a tbs of Apple Cider vinegar each morning before any food works. It helps with digestion. Chicken noodle soup with real bone broth and lots of vegetables. Also, an Apple before consuming meats helps with the breakdown of such heavy foods. Apples have a ton of great enzymes. If you can, make everything organic. My gallbladder doesn't work, and these tips work for me.