Insanity Max 30 TO P90X3 = I`m going to lose endurance with p90x3

Options
I completed the 8 week insanity max 30. Awesome program! Fun!
Started p90x3 thinking that it was going to be a step up, I was wrong. I barely break a sweat.
Used to burn 260 cals average in max 30, and p90x3 might burn about 180.

So.... what do I do? I don`t want to lose all my cardio endurance. Should I move on to Block 2 of P90x3 seeing as Block 1 is too easy for me?

Replies

• DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Block 2 of P90X3 isn't as different from Block 1 as you are wanting in order to maintain Shaun T.-level cardiovascular fitness. (I've done P90X3 twice. Haven't done max 30 but have done Insanity and Focus T25.) If your goal is to gain strength and maintain cardiovascular endurance, you'll probably want to mix the two programs rather than following either one strictly (or stack them, if you have that kind of time).
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Block 2 of P90X3 isn't as different from Block 1 as you are wanting in order to maintain Shaun T.-level cardiovascular fitness. (I've done P90X3 twice. Haven't done max 30 but have done Insanity and Focus T25.) If your goal is to gain strength and maintain cardiovascular endurance, you'll probably want to mix the two programs rather than following either one strictly (or stack them, if you have that kind of time).

That's what I was thinking to. Today on p90x3 it was yoga day, so I instead did Strength Max from Insanity max 30.

Insanity max 30 is almost identical to T25, just minus the weights in max 30. I want to build strength but I want to hold on to my awesome cardio endurance.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    P90x3 is more of a strength based programme so you won't burn as many calories as a cardio focused programme.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I do P90X3 for strength and agility and supplement it with running for cardio fitness.
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I do P90X3 for strength and agility and supplement it with running for cardio fitness.

Ok, so I should supplement to keep up my cardio endurance. I`ll add in 1 HIIT session a week to replace the yoga in p90x3 I think. Just to keep my lungs going good, see if that maintains my endurance. I really don't have time in my day to supplement a whole other cardio workout. (I`ve adjusted my p90x3 calendar to have sat n sunday as rest days. Maybe some weekends when Im home I can throw in the yoga session.

Thank you for speaking from your experience :)
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Different program goals. The P90 series is all about strength. It won't do much for your cardiovascular fitness.