Healthy snacks

Options
I'm looking for suggestion for healthier snacks. I work from home so I don't keep chocolate, candy etc in the house as it's too tempting. I've been trying to satisfy sugar cravings with things like a jello pot, apples with cinnamon etc. I have a very sweet tooth! What are you go to snacks that satisfy sugar cravings?

Replies

• DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Some sweet snacks that I often eat are:
    Granola bars
    English muffin with jelly
    Pudding or rice pudding
    Yogurt with granola
    Strawberry smoothie
    Oatmeal with a diced up apple
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The healthiest snacks are no snacks at all.

If your cravings can be satisfied, it means that you can have and eat anything you want.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    String cheese has actually been doing wonders for me. I guess it's the fats?
    Mostly it's the fact that it takes a while to eat it.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

If your cravings can be satisfied, it means that you can have and eat anything you want.

That's just silly. Why would no snacks be healthier? Snacks are perfectly fine as long as they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals for the day. I plan for mine and they fit just fine.

Some of my go-to sweeter snacks are chocolate roasted almonds, kettle corn, diet soda, fudge pops, Skinny Cow ice cream bars, Jello pudding cups, Greek yogurt (especially with chocolate chips or other crunchies mixed in), protein bars, etc.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bonshont wrote: »
    I'm looking for suggestion for healthier snacks. I work from home so I don't keep chocolate, candy etc in the house as it's too tempting. I've been trying to satisfy sugar cravings with things like a jello pot, apples with cinnamon etc. I have a very sweet tooth! What are you go to snacks that satisfy sugar cravings?

I just find excuses to walk by the vending machine so I can look at all of the colorful pastries I want but know will make me feel like garbage the rest of the day.
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the Quaker Apple Cinnamon and Caramel mini rice cakes flavors. Both flavors are great and hit the sweet tooth. Their about 120 calories for 13 or so of the mini cakes.

Also, fresh fruit can help with a sweet tooth for me.
  • bonshont
    bonshont Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Appreciate you taking time to reply but that's not the question I asked.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    snacks for me include greek yogurt, triple oiko, or dannon light, sugar free pudding or sf jello, small individual bags of popcorn or baked chips, now I like cut up carrots, grapes, pineapple chunks or grape tomatoes with a light dressing or hummus
  • speekee
    speekee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need to have my snacks in between meals. I know that if I let myself get stomach-rumbly hungry, I will eat everything in sight. So I plan for a yogurt (I like Siggis, it doesn't have a lot of sugar and it doesn't have the artificial sweeteners, which I just don't like), or string cheese, or veggies. I also drink a lot of water, supplemented with coffee, tea, LaCroix bubbly water.....graham crackers are sort of sweet and 120 or 130 calls for 2 sheets. Mini marshmallows are fairly low cal, if you weigh or measure a serving. And you can even make s'mores, with graham crackers, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, in the microwave for 12 seconds or so.......very satisfying!
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My daughter introduced me to Kind Healthy Grains Granola Bars. They are healthier for you and better than grabbing a candy bar or pastry. My favorite is Dark Chocolate Chunk which is 150 calories and 5 grams of fat. There are other delicious flavors as well. I get them at Walmart. :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    powdered peanut butter on a waffle. I mix my non fat greek yogurt with couple Tbs of cool whip, really yummy. Sometimes I'll add a little cereal or fruit. Also I make my own smoothies & add xanthan gum to make it thick & eat it with a spoon. One more...non fat half & half with a little cereal. I'm not used to using sugar so all these taste sweet to me
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Like to add rice cakes, the chocolate ones are really good, especially with the powdered peanut butter. The powdered one doesn't need jam because you can make it thin enough not to need any. I like the green apple ones too & sometime use the lightly salted one instead of bread
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Unsweetened apple sauce with cool whip or fat free half n half, ok I'm gong to go have a snack now