Breakfast ideas to lose weight

Options
Mahdi22
Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
Hey, what do u eat for breakfast to lose weight? I need some ideas, it must be healthy, easy and fast because I have to leave the house by 7:30 am, and I don't have a lot of time in the morning.

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I just drink coffee. You can eat whatever you want in the morning as long as it fits in your calories. I don't eat any food until lunch time.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I just drink coffee. You can eat whatever you want in the morning as long as it fits in your calories. I don't eat any food until lunch time.

I love coffee, but it must have some sugar and cream or milk. That's why I try not having any :(
  • speekee
    speekee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like lite whole grain English muffins with 2 TBs smart balance PB. Or overnight oats with skim milk and fruit. Or kashi go lean crunch with siggis yogurt....or kashi heart to heart cereal with skim milk and fruit. On the weekends, I sometimes cook Kodak cakes pancakes, reheat them in the toaster thru the week. They have protein and keep me full for a long time. On the weekends, I enjoy scrambled eggs (1 whole egg, one white only and a splash of skim milk) with a lite English muffin.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Mahdi22 wrote: »

I love coffee, but it must have some sugar and cream or milk. That's why I try not having any :(

If you have the calories for it, there's no issue.

I usually take a cup (155-175 grams) red seedless grapes, a 6oz container of Greek yogurt, and a granola bar.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are around 700 calories. I eat twice a day, so I like a big breakfast.

How about scrambled eggs and toast with a slice of tomato?
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I make a pile of oatmeal/ oat flour pancakes and eat one or two each morning during the week. Together with a banana or some other fruit, and either a little peanut butter or an egg. That stocks up on fiber, protein and potassium for about 360 calories, give or take. With coffee, which I like with a smidgen of milk.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are fond of cereal, but I love Special K Red Berries or Special K Fruit and Yogart Cereal, with 1/2 cup of skim milk. If I am still hungry, I have a Mandarin Orange, as well. :)
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    My breakfasts are around 700 calories. I eat twice a day, so I like a big breakfast.

How about scrambled eggs and toast with a slice of tomato?

Sounds good, i guess i can give it a try tomorrow. its just hard when you're at school for 12 hours and have to prepare breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How about preparing breakfasts for the week on Sunday and having them ready to go, pop in the microwave and off you go?

Get a muffin pan, mix some eggs, water, veggies (or cheese, or meat) together. Pour into muffin cups. Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, portion out into plastic baggies. Instant breakfast. You can use Egg Beaters to reduce calories and try all kinds of different veggie combos (my favorite is zucchini and red onion). Pop them in the fridge (I make 10 on Sunday, and have 2 each morning). Make sure you use the Recipe Builder to work out the exact calorie count for YOUR muffins. Mine come in around 70-90 calories for 2.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite quick breakfasts are a greek yogurt parfait or breakfast sandwich. If you have any containers or mason jars you can prep your parfait the night before to take with you in the morning. Alternatively, if you have time on the weekends you can prep breakfast sandwiches: mix up some eggs with your favorite veggies, bake, then construct your sandwich with english muffins and cheese. Suuuuper satisfying and very fast in the morning!