how to beath the hunger

hi I started working out three times a week now up to twice a day at least five days at first I didn't have an appetite now it seems like im always hungry I eat n im no full and on top of all hat I gained five poundsI dnt really give in to the hunger just yesterday I did so I dnt understand the weight gain can any one help

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Eat a high protein, high fat diet. It will keep you full and prevent you from constantly feeling hungry. All that is required for weight loss is that you eat at a caloric deficit. Track your food accurately and religiously and make sure you don't overestimate calories burned from exercise and you will lose weight.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    What I do is I newver let myself get to the point where I'm starving. So I'm constantly eating bits here and there and drinking too. I find if I get dehydrated it will seem like I'm hungry when I'm not.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    hi I started working out three times a week now up to twice a day at least five days at first I didn't have an appetite now it seems like im always hungry I eat n im no full and on top of all hat I gained five poundsI dnt really give in to the hunger just yesterday I did so I dnt understand the weight gain can any one help

Are you eating any of your earned exercise calories? If not, I'd use some of them. Your body might be telling you it's hungry for a reason.

The weight gain is likely water weight from the increased exercise. Our bodies flood sore muscles with water to help heal and repair them. It's perfectly normal and will go away on its own time.
  • Mayra_121
    Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
    I know how you feel, when I started going to the gym 4-5 x a week, I gained 5 lbs as well. Even while watching my calorie intake. What I've read that it is important to eat back at least 70% of the calories you burn that way your body doesnt stay hungry. Also try having a protein shake after your workout (I always add fiber as well it helps with the hunger issue). Like others have said it is normal even though it can be very frustrating. I advise you to eat at least 5 times a day every 2-3 hours, which will help so you don't binge in between. I eat a piece of fruit for my mid morning o mid afternoon snack. Oatmeal is another great snack that can be very filling. You can also try soups and salads but remember to watch your sodium intake because that will make you retain more water! Hope this helps ;)

Good luck!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member

Hey I think you can do it just keep going don't stop and eat good foods and don't worry about breathing the hunger because you can do it if you just keep trying to do it no matter what people say or how they feel about whether or not you can do it and the pounds will fall off eventually if you just keep eating at an amount that is slightly less than the amount of food that you need to live on so I'm glad you're here and are willing to give this a try.

Phew!
  • I'm.new to.this high protein n fat is.like what
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    just put on your favourite song and have a 30 second dance party. personally I like michael jackson - just beath it.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Eat a high protein, high fat diet. It will keep you full and prevent you from constantly feeling hungry. All that is required for weight loss is that you eat at a caloric deficit. Track your food accurately and religiously and make sure you don't overestimate calories burned from exercise and you will lose weight.

^This. I eat high fat, moderate protein (I'm not crazy active), and very low carb (I eat my veggies, that's it). The health improvements have been amazing AND I've lost over 60 pounds while NEVER struggling with hunger. No, you do not need to eat a bunch of little meals all day. No, you do not need to "fill up" with water or huge portions of low calorie (low nutrient) foods. Give some thought to adjusting your macros if you are struggling with hunger (assuming that you are eating enough). MFP defaults are ridiculous in my opinion/experience; the fat macro is FAR too low and the carb macro is FAR too high. And if you are crazy active, your protein may need to be higher as well. ( Hint: the only macro that should go DOWN are the carbs.)
  • I'm actually eating but even.after I'm done I feel like I.haven't eating a bite