HELP - Vegan Low Carb, High Protein?

Options
Hi, I have been dairy free for ages now, but have only recently gone fully vegan. My diet before was very low in carbs and fairly high in protein with a moderate amount of fat, and that worked really well for me. I have really struggled finding some vegan high protein, low carb options and would really appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Replies

• sheatesnowflakes
    sheatesnowflakes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I realise that is is not very helpful but there was a fabulous reddit thread that listed it out. I'm not really sure where it went.

(I used to be vegan before I started travelling for work, I accidentally dropped 8 kg in a month and realised I need to be living at home/ anywhere with access to a kitchen to stay vegan because as a human I can not simply live off fries. Now I'm a vegetarian and that's slightly easier.)

Off the top of my head, tofu, tempeh, seitan, broccoli, mushrooms, and pretty much all lentils.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
  • marinaangeli
    marinaangeli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegan and low carb are a couple of words that don't fit in the same sentence.
    The good news though, is that we have plenty of great protein sources with really low glycemic index (which ultimately is what matters if you wanna stay fit).
    Go hard on the legumns and nuts. Benefit from the vegetable milks and isolated vegetal protein.
    Unfortunately, mushrooms, despite common sense, are not a great source of proteins.
  • KitKat798
    KitKat798 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    although I'm not vegan, I opt for a low meat diet when I can. I'm currently doing a programme with a lot of weights and am struggling with protain consumption; I've found soya protein powder is helpful and it's really versatile
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    For protein, things like tempeh, seitan and tofu will be good options. Low carb vegan is certainly possible, it's what eco-atkins is, to name one example.