Does anyone try to stop you from loosing weight or becoming fitter?

Options
Grisnv
Grisnv Posts: 43 Member
I know a couple of people who exaggerate my weight loss and always make sure to tell me in front of others to stop loosing. I can still loose about 25 lbs and be in the healthy weight range for my hight. They insist that I won't look good if I'm smaller.

Replies

• ervinmakko
    ervinmakko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    people are scared of eating disorders - if you stay in healthy range, and look into mirror, then just ignore others who wach scary documentaries.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Maybe they feel like they're complimenting you by saying such things. Perhaps there's an element of jealousy, as well.

Personally, only two opinions about my weight get any consideration whatever from me. My doctor's and my husband's (his with a grain of salt :wink: )
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Just say" Oh my goodness, you're right!" "I'll stop right now." AND then..do whatever you want. Congratulations on your weightloss. You have great dedication.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Who cares if people say you're too skinny. People don't have the right to say that. They don't know what conversations could have happened between you and your doctor. Or if you know you are overweight. I don't look like I weigh as much as I do. People will say I'm overweight, but in fact according to my doctor, I'm obese. Just do you. Do what makes you happy. Healthy, but happy.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I hate when people "skinny shame" it's just as bad as "fat shaming" IMO. Do you. Lose whatever weight you feel comfortable losing even if your clothes are so loose you need to buy more. :)
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My parents. They think I don't need to lose weight. I was overweight when I started at 5'4 158 now I'm at 132. They think I'm tiny enough, but I just looked pregnant all the time
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My SO and a few friends think I'm overdoing it and don't need to lose 30 pounds. My SO is a goody getter and Certain things he gets piss me off like Fro Yo ....it's my weekness. I look at it like this it's my body and I will stop when I feel good and comfy in my own skin.
  • rae1721
    rae1721 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    I stop myself from losing weight because I like food too much
    Oh my how I miss TACOS and margaritas....mmmmm yeah food!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I haven't had anyone want to stop me.... I wouldn't listen anyway.
    But I've had two people recently who have called me a "Skinny Minnie".
    Okay yes, I've lost almost 60 lbs..... but I still weigh 230 people.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence but I am farrrrrrrrr from Skinny...... lol....... yet! ;)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No, but my wife tries to filter me when I get loose.
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My ex-roommate did. He called it concern...truthfully it was mostly jealousy. When I was just going for portion sizes that prompted him to confront that maybe, just maybe, three large potatoes drowned in butter did NOT constitute a healthy meal, suddenly I "wasn't eating enough" and was "taking this weight loss effort way too far" but when I actually failed to eat anything for over 36 hours, he got offended that I was "too distracted by my computer" instead of, oh, I don't know, caring that I was afraid to eat.

Just one of the many reasons he no longer lives with me.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Stop me? No, nobody is putting a gun to my head and making me stop.
    People have their own opinions, my mother has been trying to get to eat more( I eat plenty, trust me) for 20 years now. People ( even family) will have their opinions, tat should not stop you from reaching your goal
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    The only person that can stop me is me.

People cannot alter the way you think or affect you unless you allow them too! Negative influences are always going to try and tear you down, recognize what an who they are and just going and doing your own thing!
  • QueenInTheNorthA
    QueenInTheNorthA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yea people think I'm fine the way I am. And it's not that I don't think that either but I know my goal is in a healthy range and it's personal. People are afraid of eating disorders but also when someone is motivated and improving people don't seem to like that either...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yes but I was anorexic and BMI 16 at the time so their concerns were warranted
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    In a way the wife and kids if that makes sense.