Mussels Pain

Options
Hi...
I started my weight loss plan 3 weeks ago, and doing fine so far... No cheating, no late night snack... And 5kg less... But I have another problem, I started going to the gym as well... First just cycling, than cycling and some weight and stepping... So I spend 1h every day, Monday to Saturday and for 3 weeks I feel this mussel pain every single day... Is it ever gonna stop??? I even took protein shake afterwards ans aminoacid... Still feel the pain

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Cut back a bit on your exercise for now. In a matter of six weeks you've gone from nothing to lifting weights and doing some sort of cardio six days a week. It sounds like you've done a bit too much too quickly. In general I'd say to lift weights every other day (for a total of 3 days per week) but it is hard to say for sure since I'm not sure what kind of lifting you are doing. If you provide more details on that you might get better help.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You can dial back your exercise and see if the muscle pain continues. Are you drinking enough water? Is it every muscle in your body? If it were me, I would switch to 4 days on, 1 day off or lower the intensity. You shouldn't be in permanent pain from cardio.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a case of too much too soon. Improving fitness requires recovery time, depending on your lifting routine you should probably dial that back to 3 x weekly rather than 6 days a week. Riding every day is ok - it's low impact - but I'd mix up the rides to alternate between easier, slow rides & more intense ones (easy rides on days you're lifting)

• fitdragon484
    fitdragon484 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much.
    Last two days the pain is almost gone. I even feel more energized and want to exercise more, I feel like, I CAN DO MORE, but I won't, for now :) I'll listen to you guys, at least for the next few days.
    Tomorrow is the scale day, and for 2 times in a row the scale didn't move not even for 1gram...so wish me luck for tomorrow :#o:)
  • fitdragon484
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Mussels in the shell are kind of a pain to eat! (Sorry OP)

Sorry, I didn't get this... Probably it was a joke... Sorry, English is not my first language. All the best any way..
  • fitdragon484
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Mussels in the shell are kind of a pain to eat! (Sorry OP)

Sorry, I didn't get this... Probably it was a joke... Sorry, English is not my first language. All the best any way..

Mussels is something people eat

While Muscles are what you have inside your body

The person above was just being cute cause of the word used. lol

Thanks