Healthy Food

Options
Who has a recipe for some good, healthy, protein filled food??? I have my own but I need some alternatives!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    People often mean different things by "healthy," so if you share how you define the term you may get more useful suggestions.
  • DreAnt7414
    DreAnt7414 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    People often mean different things by "healthy," so if you share how you define the term you may get more useful suggestions.

Meals high in protein
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    A grilled piece of meat around 4oz and lots of veggies usually fits the bill.

Like what Janejellyroll asked, what kind of diet do you follow? Do you have any restrictions? Honestly, search on Pintrest "High Protein Recipes". You'll get a gillion. Then you can decide what you like and don't like.
  • DreAnt7414
    Options
    A grilled piece of meat around 4oz and lots of veggies usually fits the bill.

Like what Janejellyroll asked, what kind of diet do you follow? Do you have any restrictions? Honestly, search on Pintrest "High Protein Recipes". You'll get a gillion. Then you can decide what you like and don't like.

Ok thanks I'll def try that
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a lifesaver for me when looking for new low carb recipes or other specialized meals. The below link is one of my new favorites...I add chicken to make it a complete meal. We also eat alot of dinners that are "just" a meat and one or two veggies or a salad.

https://www.livingchirpy.com/2016/low-carb-cauliflower-creamed-spinach/
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Put raw 4 chicken breasts in slow cooker with a jar of your favorite salsa. After chicken is cooked, shred chicken, and place generous portion on top of bed of lettuce. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, other veggies.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Meals high in protein

A ribeye steak is pretty high in protein, but also pretty calorie dense. Providing some additional details about what you're looking to include, or exclude, would be helpful.

Is there a specific reason you are looking for high protein meals, do you feel you are falling short of a protein goal? Do you use protein supplements currently?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This recipe for slow cooker tikka masala is easy and delicious. I serve it with frozen peas and cauliflower. Makes a ton of food and hits the protein macro well. You can also use chicken breast.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/12/slow-cooker-chicken-tikka-masala/

Greek turkey burgers made with finely chopped spinach, kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes and oregano. I don't even put it on a bun. I like to serve it with a cucumber and Greek yogurt salad.

I also just saw this recipe for slow cooker chicken cacciatore that I am going to try.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/instant-pot-chicken-cacciatore/
  • DreAnt7414
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Meals high in protein

A ribeye steak is pretty high in protein, but also pretty calorie dense. Providing some additional details about what you're looking to include, or exclude, would be helpful.

Is there a specific reason you are looking for high protein meals, do you feel you are falling short of a protein goal? Do you use protein supplements currently?

Not really falling short just want to have other meals to switch to. Eating the same meal can get boring
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Who has a recipe for some good, healthy, protein filled food??? I have my own but I need some alternatives!

Meat (including seafood) has lots of protein. Pair it with a lot of vegetables of choice and whatever else sounds good and fits in your calories. Extremely flexible and potential for a lot of tasty variation.

Instead of meat, you can use eggs (less protein, but you don't need a ton every meal) or beans/lentils. Or both -- a chili with beans and meat and lots of vegetables is always good.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I do better hitting my protein for the day if my breakfast is protein-packed. I mix protein powder with plain greek yogurt and frozen berries.

m3byp7na94u9.jpg

That's calories, protein, fats, then carbs across the bottom.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Meals high in protein

Not really falling short just want to have other meals to switch to. Eating the same meal can get boring

What is the meal you are eating today? Having an idea of the kind of foods you typically prepare, (and really, are you eating the same meal every day?), would give people an idea of what sorts of preferences you have.

Not sure what your overall goals are related to weight, fitness, and overall health - but there is no reason to limit the foods you eat to one specific meal or just a few meals that you feel fit within some arbitrary parameters. Set a reasonable calorie goal based on whether you are looking to lose, maintain, or gain weight. Eat a variety of foods within that goal, focusing on those that provide nutrition (macro and micro nutrients), satiety, and enjoyment. Log everything you eat as accurately as possible, ideally using a food scale. That's it - no need to limit to just one ideal combination of foods.