I ALMOST gave up........

Options
It’s crazy to think about how the year is almost over and how I started the year thinking that I could never get this weight off and I might as well get surgery to now October 2017 over 60lbs down on my own and counting!!! I feel blessed I wanna cry because this is not easy and most people look down this path and walk away or take the easy rd. The constant struggle with food is going to be a challenge I have 30yrs of bad eating to my 8months off clean eating to compete with. Everyday isn’t perfect but I’m making sure I don’t go back to my unhealthy lifestyle. I’ve fallen down binged a lot but I refuse to quit and I refuse to listen to all the negative thoughts telling me to give up. To anyone reading this keep pushing on enjoy this journey because it is the most rewarding thing you can do for yourself!
Feel free to add me I’m always looking for friends!!

Replies

• sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and may you continue to find fulfillment on this journey to better health.

All the best to you.
  • mbmaharaj
    mbmaharaj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I needed to hear. Great job on your journey.
  • mlm7281
    mlm7281 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awww! Congratulations and keep going! Thank you for the words of encouragement
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    It's every day for the rest of our lives :smile:
    Well done B)<3
  • mrswright84
    mrswright84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I know the struggle all too well.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Flipping awesome! Love this post. You have been doing and will continue to do it. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Keep up the awesome work!
  • weighmeless
    weighmeless Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That's awesome. Today is one of those "feeling down" days. I am too tired to finish up my chores and hit the 10K steps and to top it off, I ate a high calorie snack knowingly because its one of my favorites. Now I am in the guilt boat. Was thinking of giving up today alone but I know if I do it one day, I will have a reason tomorrow to do it again.. I am more inspired now after reading your post than I was 5 minutes before. I am not giving up no matter what I am feeling . off to hit the 10K :) ..lost little over 8Lbs in about 25 days with MFP & walking :)
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Way to turn it around - one day at a time. Stay strong!
  • melly19762003
    melly19762003 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I SOOOO needed to hear this, I myself started this journey (for the 2nd half of my weightloss journey) back in January '17 and 9 months later and 37lbs lighter I am about 8lbs away from my goal. However, I am stuck and fed up. I'm not exercising like I used too and I seem to be eating more crap. The last thing I want to do is become another statistic and pile it all back on again. So thank you for this. :D
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    love hearing your story - thanks for sharing!