Your drink of choice?

Options
danitaielle
danitaielle Posts: 16 Member
edited October 2017 in Getting Started
I go out with my friends quite a bit and I'm not a big fan of beers or wines. Do you have a favorite mixed drinks that doesn't break the calorie bank?

Replies

• Mmumey89
    Mmumey89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda water. With a lemon and a lime. :)
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Straight spirits aren't terribly caloric; about 130 calories for a 2 oz pour of 80 proof (40% abv) liquor. Maybe find a nice sweet bourbon you can drink either straight up or with club soda, water, or rocks?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Vodka on the rocks, whisky on the rocks, anything straight liquor on the rocks(except jager....disgusting)... and I'll do wine too.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Non-alcoholic, teas and water.

Alcohol, my go-to is rum & diet coke. Couldn't tell you the calories though.
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    mine used to be 100 proof export whisky with a splash of pure mineral water

dont drink anymore now, so its just water with a splash of lemon juice
  • yoshiboshy
    yoshiboshy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vimto, drink gallons of it, fortunately its no added sugar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    In the summer I drink vodka and diet fresca. When it's cold out, I like bourbon. I also like beer and the occasional glass of wine.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Vodka on the rocks, whisky on the rocks, anything straight liquor on the rocks(except jager....disgusting)... and I'll do wine too.

Very sweet liqueurs like Jaegermeister will be more caloric than straight spirits anyway.
  • shipratsn
    shipratsn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Vodka with tonic water :p
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    vodka water with 2 limes
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Whiskey neat! Although for me at weekends, I don't log my calorie intake. I just take 2 days out a week and loosen up either be takeaways and beers n whiskies. I know loads people say not the way to do it, but it's working for me, I work hard weekdays with exercise and calorie intake.
  • danitaielle
    danitaielle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Whiskey neat! Although for me at weekends, I don't log my calorie intake. I just take 2 days out a week and loosen up either be takeaways and beers n whiskies. I know loads people say not the way to do it, but it's working for me, I work hard weekdays with exercise and calorie intake.

Are you still aware of what your eating? Trying to eat within your calorie goal? I'd be worried I'd undo all of my hard work.
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tequila!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke 64 - 80 calories depending on the proof
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bundy Black label rum with a coke zero. 67 calories.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Diet coke with lime. No calories, and cheaper than any booze! But then I never got why people want to get intoxicated anyway.

Spiced rum and ginger ale would be my pick for booze.

Every time I drink alcohol for social reasons, my decision making abilities about calories and food choices go right out the window. So I decided screw peer pressure, I have no actual desire to drink, so I won't.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    coffee - Eastcoast Jim
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Haven't had it in a while but I would usually get vodka & cranberry juice, it's tasty.
  • jmackkk
    jmackkk Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Water....water and more water.

Or tequila lol