Making the change!

Options
ypetrou
ypetrou Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
OK, If you are like me then you looove food but that doesn't always agree with the summer look you are going for with an ever expanding waistline and spending the rest of your life hiding from those dreaded weighing scales. If this sound like you then I would like to share my experiences on food and health.

April 2017

Four years ago I was told by doctors that I had the beginings of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease or NAFLD for short. The doctors told me not to worry as it was quite common and amongst western men and women my age due to our bad dieting and exorcising habits. So what did I do about it.......exactly that, nothing. I just carried on eating the deserts, snacking on fructose rich fruit and generally eating what ever I wanted. Why did I ignore the doctors? Because I could, I have always been relatively fit and healthy, I could run 10 km in under 50 minutes, bench a baby elephant and generally quite active. Then I hit a problem, I tore my achilles tendon and broke off a bone in my foot (quite common for men my age who neglect their bodies and over exert themselves). What happened next was not rocket science, I just carried on eating and and ballooned to almost 100 kg.
I want one they sooo wrinkly and cutie i just want to eat him and hug it 4ever
How I felt!

Well, 1 year on and I was still was limping around (mainly due to not doing my physio exercises) and feeling sorry for myself. I felt that my middle age degenerative phase was finally upon me and I would spend my remaining days on earth wobbling and rolling around. If you have ever stood in the mirror naked and seen more rolls than a Shar Pei dog you will understand how I felt. Right, it's time to do something about it all.

6 weeks later the weight is falling off, I eat, sleep and think better than ever all thanks to the changes I have made. I started a low carb, keto -esk (ketosis) kind of diet that has really made a huge difference and the best thing is I eat so well!

I have documented some of these changes and steps I have taken, my tips and recipes for anyone wanting to follow in my foot steps.