Fat lose products

Options
I have seen a lot of products at chemists and markets like Coles and woolworths...
Some of the protein powders there are like the fat burner/blaster, lots of them are for burning fat.
What do you guys think of thise products and how does a protein shake can burn fat? As i know protein is the maintain muscles and make them stronger.
Thanks guys

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I support the above statement, if any of this worked everyone would know about it and do it.........I sure as hell would and I would be telling everyone......so far all I am telling people that works is diet and exercise.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    The only fat burners that really work are illegal because they also tend to be fatal when taken.

For the claim that the protein powders in question burns fat, most are probably basing this on a study showing that people who consumed high amounts of protein tended to lose more fat around the tummy region.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17023705/
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to buy protein powder from Coles/Woolies or the chemist. The brands I've seen there are fairly crap imo.

In regards to protein, a shake won't burn fat. It will contribute to your protein intake, which may make you feel fuller and therefore stick to your deficit more easily. Protein is also important for your body functions, not just maintaining muscle. You may be able to get sufficient protein through food though, you don't necessarily need shakes or supplements
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    fake fake fake and in some cases dangerous.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is just that. Your body still needs fuel and fat is the way your body stores fuel for later use.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Most fat burners are caffeine and diuretics (they make you pee) or laxatives (make you poop).
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's simple, but hard to do. Plug your stats into MFP and stay within your daily calorie goal everyday. Move more. No hype.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just eat real food, not too much, mostly plants. This isn't rocket science. Stop making it hard.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Snake sales men preying on hopes and dreams. It's easy to target the desperate.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You couldn't pay me to buy protein powder from Coles/Woolies or the chemist. The brands I've seen there are fairly crap imo.

In regards to protein, a shake won't burn fat. It will contribute to your protein intake, which may make you feel fuller and therefore stick to your deficit more easily. Protein is also important for your body functions, not just maintaining muscle. You may be able to get sufficient protein through food though, you don't necessarily need shakes or supplements

Agreed. I've looked at the ingredient of some of the cheaper meal replacements and protein shakes, and I'd suggest going to GNC or some place that specializes in nutrition.

Also, in addition to satiety, protein has a higher thermogenic effect than carbs or fats, meaning that it takes more calories for our bodies to process protein than it does any of the other macronutrients. This is probably what these advertisers are talking about when they use marketing terms like "fat blaster" or "fat burner."
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    My brain can't get past the fat lose...

*loss.

Me too!