Options

Replies

• Amy_QueenInTraining
    Options
    Finish by Jon Acuff
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Hungry catapiller ,I like this guy he sees the food he goes for it .hes a doer.
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Atlas shrugged....Ayn Rand
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Finishing a book by VS Naipaul. Listen to NPR politics/politico/TED podcasts at least 4x/wk (that's like borderline audiobook, right?).
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    Just finished 3rd Degree, started 4th of July by James Patterson

great series...easy fun reads!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    BW__NOT wrote: »
    Atlas shrugged....Ayn Rand

Enjoying it?

• jmichaelminton
    jmichaelminton Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Currently, I am reading "Gardens of the Moon" by Steven Erikson, part of a series called the "Malazan Book of the Fallen."

Some recent novels I read were:
    -"Faerie Tale" by Raymond Feist
    -The "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever" trilogy by Stephen R. Donaldson (one of my favorites)
    -"The Real Story" by Stephen R. Donaldson

After finishing what I am reading right now, I will likely start the second Thomas Covenant trilogy (starting with "The Wounded Land") and then either read the trilogy straight through or go ahead and start the next Malazan book ("Deadhouse Gates").

The Thomas Covenant books are extremely depressing at times (like all of Stephen Donaldson's books), which ironically helps me cope with my own depression. Because of how these books help me cope with my own problems, they are among my favorite books, and Stephen Donaldson is my current favorite author. For anyone interested in this series, it is sort of like an adult version of the Chronicles of Narnia books with an anti-hero protagonist (with leprosy). Thomas Covenant is a bit of a divisive character because some people reading the books just hate him no matter what and have a hard time getting into the series because of it, but the other characters in the series totally make it worthwhile to read. Life is futile at times, but you can still doggedly persevere and attempt the impossible just because there are things that are too precious to lose if you don't at least try. That is pretty much the message within the books. A character even says something like "Mayhap you will prevail. But if you do not, your worth is not thereby diminished." Pretty potent stuff.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Do you often read several books at the same time? That's my style. This week I'm reading the novel THE SILVER SUITCASE by Terrie Todd and the self-help BOUNDARIES by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend.

Yes, I usually have a couple different books and bounce back and forth between them.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So I read Memoirs of a Geisha in a day and need something new to read. Any recommendations? I like true crime and Stephen King.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    JK Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy. It’s ok. I kind of expected a better, more engaging story from Rowling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you haven't read her crime fiction series she writes under a pseudonym, you should. It's way better than The Casual Vacancy which was way too slow and too informative for no good reason.

Robert Galbraith <-- her pseudonym.

I’ve read all of her Galbraith stuff too. Loved those. Which leaves me even more bewildered by the banal storyline of The Casual Vacancy.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    Just finished 3rd Degree, started 4th of July by James Patterson

great series...easy fun reads!

Yeah.....I needed something light and easy, and I'm a sucker for just about any series. I just like really knowing the characters Reading the 5th Horseman now.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Re-reading the entire Sonja Blue series by Nancy A Collins. Currently half way through Paint It Black. Splatterpunk at its. . . finest?
  • Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    “The Fifth Petal: A Novel of Salem”by Brunonia Barry. A story about witchcraft and murder in modern day Salem.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    locrq2s3zl7e.jpg
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Origin by Dan Brown. Interesting read so far...same formula as his others, but still entertaining.
  • mybodybuildinggoal
    Options
    Reading the now habit by Neil fiore
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    11th Hour, James Patterson
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A Stranger In The House by Shari Lapena
  • Frankie_Fan