Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What book are you reading?

Replies

• GoJohnGo71GoJohnGo71 Member Posts: 432 Member Member Posts: 432 Member
  • Bluetail6Bluetail6 Member, Premium Posts: 1,227 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,227 Member
    The Power Of Habit - Charles Duhigg
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 207 Member Member Posts: 207 Member
    I made it about a quarter way through The Wanderers by Chuck Wendig. It really made me think hard about how ridiculous my book burning taboo was.
  • Nerys52Nerys52 Member Posts: 85 Member Member Posts: 85 Member
    The Complete book of Herbs - Lesley Bremness.
  • melaniedscottmelaniedscott Member Posts: 516 Member Member Posts: 516 Member
    I made it about a quarter way through The Wanderers by Chuck Wendig. It really made me think hard about how ridiculous my book burning taboo was.

For me, that was Sophie's Choice and Babbit.
    Nerys52 wrote: »
    The Complete book of Herbs - Lesley Bremness.

That sounds interesting and useful. Is it?
    edited October 22
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,843 Member Member Posts: 2,843 Member
    The Glass Castle, a reread for me but absolutely one of the best books I've ever read. IMO
  • tams_89tams_89 Member Posts: 2,004 Member Member Posts: 2,004 Member
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 18,371 MFP Moderator
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The Glass Castle, a reread for me but absolutely one of the best books I've ever read. IMO

This sounds fascinating! Adding to my ever growing list!
  • cgrout78cgrout78 Member Posts: 1,421 Member Member Posts: 1,421 Member
    I've been on a WW2 kick lately (i'm a history freak) so just starting Paris Never Leaves You. And I just finished the Black Swan of Paris by Karen Robards
    edited October 22
  • steph6556steph6556 Member Posts: 502 Member Member Posts: 502 Member
    The Kingkiller chronicle part 2
    The Wise Man’s Fear!
    Has anyone here read these? excellent! Cannot put down!
  • stevehenderson776stevehenderson776 Member Posts: 207 Member Member Posts: 207 Member
    Just finished the first book in the Hyperion Cantos series. Very good.
    om6mupzqml50.jpg
  • melaniedscottmelaniedscott Member Posts: 516 Member Member Posts: 516 Member
    steph6556 wrote: »
    The Kingkiller chronicle part 2
    The Wise Man’s Fear!
    Has anyone here read these? excellent! Cannot put down!

I've read Wise Man's Fear...also Name of the Wind. Really like his work.
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 1,035 Member Member Posts: 1,035 Member
    The subtle art of not giving a fu*k.

It's a really good book!
  • BordeauxBeeBordeauxBee Member Posts: 64 Member Member Posts: 64 Member
    In search of weight loss positivity I learned Khloé K had a book called Strong Look better Naked. It does feel like your in a one on one conversation.

mvbbqh6vcip4.jpeg
  • brustmannzweibrustmannzwei Member Posts: 1,124 Member Member Posts: 1,124 Member
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,843 Member Member Posts: 2,843 Member
    The subtle art of not giving a fu*k.

It's a really good book!

A couple Christmases ago, that book seemed to be on everybody's wish list so there were a lot of copies under the tree. :) I read it but need to do a reread because I don't remember a lot about it.
  • seltzermint555seltzermint555 Member Posts: 10,376 Member Member Posts: 10,376 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I loved two of her other books too, the Silver Star & Half Broke Horses!
  • steph6556steph6556 Member Posts: 502 Member Member Posts: 502 Member
    @melaniedscott, I loved Name of the Wind so much I had to keep going. Did you read the third? I’m gonna be sooooo sad when this is all over. If you enjoy this genre, what did you move to after?