Ankle Pain with the 30 day shred

Options
I have been doing the shred for 13 days now. I am currently on level 2. I have been noticing that it has really been bothering my ankles. Tonight while I was doing the workout it was probably the worst level of pain that it has been yet. Has anyone experienced this before with the shred?

I really don't want to have to hault doing the shred but i don't want to screw up my ankles because I do find being able to walk pain free a feeling that I currently enjoy. Maybe if I have to substitute it with another excercise any ideas of what I could substitute it with? All input is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• cullensbrunette
    Options
    I tried the 30 Day Shred but had horrible knee pain. As soon as I quit doing it the knee pain went away!
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred for awhile and it killed my knees...I would just replace the exercise I thought was causing the pain with one of the others that didn't...as long as you keep moving, I'm sure it's fine :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have heard about the knee pain and I am surprised that I have not had a problem with my knees since previously I injured my right knee. But the pain in my ankles is horrible! Any low impact on the ankle workouts I can do?
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have the knee pain as well and replaced the jumping jacks with jogging in place while still doing the arm movements. The butt kicks were hurting my knees as well. I am finding that the high impact stuff does NOTHING for my knees. I have foot pain because I have a screw in my ankle so I don't know if that is just the prior injury or Jillian...either way, I do what I can and keep moving!
  • AdieEva
    Options
    OMG! I have been doing the shred for 15 mornings straight as of today...I have also been alternating running, 6 week six pack and killer buns & thighs in the evening when I had time. I started level two of the shred on Sunday and noticed a bit of discomfort in my inner ankles but now on day 4 of level two I am in excruciating pain :( My only guess is that it is coming from the skating back and forth jumps? I feel like my legs are adapting to using those stabalising muscles....I also do not want to stop so for the next couple of days I am going to try doing double jump rope instead in the cardio circuit. Please let me know if you find out anything more about this! I feel your pain!!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I had to stop the 30ds because my unstable ankle was giving me fits!