It's that time again... What We Eat Wednesday!

avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
(Please tell me if this is getting old -- otherwise I will crank along with my food voyeurism forever!)

Breakfast: coffee, homemade bacon-cheddar bread, sweet potato rounds with goat cheese-pecan-celery topping.

Lunch: will be leftover sun-dried tomato pork roast, mushroom risotto, and broccoli.

Dinner: I'm planning smoky fish chowder with potatoes and leeks, but if the threatened rain doesn't arrive I might just make turkey sandwiches and crudites.

Snacks: popcorn, if I feel like snacking at all on such a heavy food day!

What are you all enjoying today?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Your food today sounds really tasty!

Breakfast: Potato salad, blackberries.

Lunch: Dill pickle potato chowder with some chopped jalapenos, Clif Nut Butter bar.

Dinner: Spicy tempeh nori rolls.

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member

Lunch: Dill pickle potato chowder with some chopped jalapenos, Clif Nut Butter bar.

Oh, please tell me about that pickle potato chowder! Actually, your whole day sounds great.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited October 2017
    avskk wrote: »

Oh, please tell me about that pickle potato chowder! Actually, your whole day sounds great.

It's this one: https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/vegan-dill-pickle-potato-chowder/ but I've also seen non-vegan versions on the internet if you're not into the whole nutritional yeast/almond milk thing (I think they use Swiss and sour cream).

It is great, especially if you're into pickles!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited October 2017
    Breakfast: Coffee with cashew almond milk, 0% Fage with homemade plum/hawthorn/fox grape jam and chia seeds.
    Lunch: Leftover baked cod, green salad with balsamic dressing, Fiber One bar for dessert
    Dinner: Homemade turkey bratwurst, yellow squash, peppers, fingerling red potatoes all cooked together
    Snack: Green tea flavor protein ice cream from the volume eaters thread
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Yum...@avskk and @janejellyroll ...both of your days sound delicious.

Breakfast: Iced coffee with vanilla whey protein powder, ham and veggie egg muffin, cottage cheese and cantaloupe

Lunch: Left over Philly cheesesteak stuffed portabello mushroom, frozen mixed vegetables

Dinner: Bunless Greek turkey burger, sweet potato fries, sauteed beet greens with balsamic vinegar

Snack: Pecan cookie Lara bar and a few Hershey's dark chocolate miniatures
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited October 2017
    I LOVE menu posts!

Bfast: Whole grain toast spread with whipped cream cheese and pickled beets. It sounds weird, but it was yummy.
    Snacky-snack: raisin date walnut instant oatmeal and a Diet Pepsi
    Lunch: shrimp salad lettuce wraps and a cheese stick
    Dinner: The Bell. LOL It's National Taco Day and my son would live at Taco Bell if he could, so we'll be treating him after his football game this afternoon.
    Dessert: The last of my PB cup Halo Top.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    hmmmm, well today is prob going to be the following:
    Bfast: protein shake with 1/2 c. frozen strawberries and 1/4 c oatmeal with 1 tbsp br sugar and 1/2 c blueberries
    Lunch: 1 c baby carrots and 1 green pepper dipped in garlic and avacado hummus, maybe an apple if Im hungry this afternoon.
    Dinner: Chicken parmesan (with homemade tomato sauce FULL of veggies and vegan parmesan), baked yam, steamed broccoli
    Dessert: my "usual" of 15 almonds and 1 square of dark Lindt chocolate . . . I save the calories for this pretty much EVERY night . . . just because I deserve it!!!
  • anlanbear
    anlanbear Posts: 5 Member
    breakfast black bean corn tortilla quesadilla
    snack plain greek yogurt with grapes and pineapple
    lunch starbucks sous vide
    snack fruit
    dinner: blackbean sweet potato chili, roasted broccoli
    snack: chocolate truffle
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    5bpoi1cotkdm.png
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Breakfast - Roasted vegetable and egg casserole, topped with salsa verde, shredded chicken and kimchi.

Lunch - "Mexican" vegetable soup with chicken

Dinner - Carnitas over zoodles topped with pickled onions and pico de gallo

Snack - "Mexican" cauliflower rice with a small amount of shredded chicken.

If it's not obvious, I like my spicy food!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    5bpoi1cotkdm.png

Is this a meal planning app? If so which one please? Thanks.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    5bpoi1cotkdm.png

Is this a meal planning app? If so which one please? Thanks.

It's called "eat this much". I'm using the paid account, with a free account you wouldn't be able to plan more than one day (so the option to set up leftovers wouldn't be available). I use it when I need structure, especially after a period of being lax with my calories. A free account should be good enough for your purposes if you don't care to keep a pantry, generate a grocery list, or setup an extended plan with automatic leftovers. It's great for days when you don't know what you want to eat and don't want to think about it. I used the free account for 2 years before I decided to upgrade, so it's still great even without a subscription.

https://www.eatthismuch.com
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    This is probably incredibly similar to what I had last week, but here goes nonetheless.

Breakfast: One soft boiled egg; cauliflower; one piece of bacon; one 100-calorie English muffin with sugar-free preserves

Lunch: Turkey and muenster cheese with lettuce, tomato, and pickles on Dave's Killer Bread; Dannon Light & Fit strawberry Greek yogurt; strawberries; one sugar-free chocolate pudding cup (Sooo like a school kid's lunch!)

Pre-workout snack (planned): One small banana; one Dannon Light & Fit toasted coconut vanilla Greek yogurt

Dinner (planned): Chopped salad with cucumber, yellow bell pepper, grape tomatoes, celery, radishes, olives, and balsamic vinaigrette; lemon pepper chicken tenderloins; spinach

Dessert (planned): Halo Top Sea Salt Caramel

• GoldenGirlLiv
    GoldenGirlLiv Posts: 19 Member
    Yay I like these!!
    Brekkie: 2 slices of pizza and coffee
    Lunch: a grilled cheese sandwich with some tomato basil soup (Trader Joe's is the bomb!!)
    Dinner: will be a turkey spinach feta sandwich and grapes probably
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Breakfast: tea
    Lunch: White beans with pork and greens
    Dinner: It's national taco day! We're having tacos.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Breakfast: Oatmeal and Pink Grapefruit Juice (I don't like drinking calories, but I'm fighting a cold)
    Snack: Cheese on red bell peppers
    Lunch: Calzone
    Snack: Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Dinner: Pork tenderloin with sauteed veggies over cauliflower rice
    Snack: Fudge bar
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Breakfast - Breakfast burrito with eggs, pinto beans, and avocado

Lunch - Grilled pork tenderloin medallions with quinoa and roasted beets

Dinner - unknown...it's wife's cooking night...probably salmon and some veg or another

Snacks - cashews, blueberries, beef jerkey, whey supplement

Other - A few beers this evening on the patio...
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Breakfast- forgot it at home but it was supposed to be Trader Joe's pumpkin pecan oatmeal and an apple

Lunch- chef salad (romaine, ham, turkey, provolone cheese, green bell pepper, tomato, half a hard-boiled egg, carrots, celery, cucumber) with light Italian dressing

Dinner- two soft tacos (one shreddded beef, one carnitas) w/ beans, rice, and salsa. And 2 (okay, fine, maybe 3) glasses of pinot grigio.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Breakfast, two fried eggs on a sandwich with Duke's mayo, salt, and pepper.

Lunch, forgot.

Dinner, three grilled cheese sandwiches.

Snack, microwave popcorn.

Not the most nutritious day by a long shot. I do generally try to get more veggies in, but I'm cooking for myself today and I tend to get lazy when I do that. I'm working on it.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    So interesting to read everyone's posts, I love it!

Breakfast - Cheerios, fresh raspberries, low fat milk

Snack- large Bartlett pear, diet mtn dew

Lunch - 2 homemade pork tamales sold at workplace, 2 tbs light sour cream, ground cherries

Snack - forgot! Must not be too hungry

Dinner - lazy cooking day = Schwan's boneless pork chop, Schwan's mini bowtie pasta with veggies, Festival Foods Asian broccoli slaw, low fat milk