Is there a better way to log my weight lifting?

I am weight training every day in addition to the nutritional side of the house. However, I lift many different weights in many different ways each day for complete area building. For example I may accomplish 10 different weight lifting exercises for chest of which have different weight and rep counts for each area of the chest. Is there just a general weightlifting option that I can add and say I did 1 hours worth of weight lifting? Thanks for any feed back.

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    "strength training" under "cardio"
  • samueljdemaggio
    samueljdemaggio Posts: 18 Member
    Did a generic entry for today. It's not 100% accurate but at least I'm getting credit for something. Thanks for the feedback.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Did a generic entry for today. It's not 100% accurate but at least I'm getting credit for something. Thanks for the feedback.

"credit for something"? And I thought the only real reward was the changes in our bodies, minds and outlook on life that a good diet and exercise program brought. Never considered the top line of my mobile app to more than a guideline.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    I found the generic entry pretty accurate for me.
    Enter that generic entry as your burn for 3-4 weeks then compare your weight against what you expect it to be. If you are losing more than expected up it by 25%, not losing as much drop by 25%, on goal- the number is good.

This is of course assuming your logging is consistently accurate.

Cheers, h.
  • Nussbary
    Nussbary Posts: 34 Member
    "strength training" under "cardio"

agreed, This is what I used to do also.
    I actually don't do this anymore. My garmin watch syncs with MFP and therefore adds my calories burned as a deficit. I no longer have to do anything but log my food. (I don't even record my weight anymore either as my scale syncs - if only it could watch what I eat I would be set.)
  • samueljdemaggio
    That is a great idea. Didn't know devices like garmin could be linked. Thanks!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    I don't lift (yet) but I do bodyweight leg exercises recommended by my physical therapist. I don't log them here, I use a third party app for logging them. I only log cardio here, and only because I know I need to eat my calories back (which I haven't been doing).

I have an iPhone and I like fitlist. You can set up your workout, with custom exercises even, along with the goal sets/reps/weights for each. Log the entire workout with a tap, then go back and add the number of reps/sets/weight you actually did (the interface is really slick).

It has a calender so you can see your history, you can post workouts publicly or privately, and follow people.

I know there are similar apps for Android, but you'll have to search for them. Try looking for fitlist first, it might be on both platforms.
  • samueljdemaggio
    I have an iPhone too so that is great advice. Thanks!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Glad I could help! Hope you like the app.