Before anyone posts this, let me just cut to the chase.

Options

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I love a good terrible infomercial. One of the highlights of trips to America.

Too true, my surprise with visiting the UK was the crazy topless phone sex commercials that show the girls talking on the phone and moving in some very suggestive motions. We have some of that here but not nearly as much.

We must watch very different channels, ive never seen them and i live in the uk lol

I remember it was late night tv and I was flipping through channels, my parents probably had a lot of channels(no naughty ones though) and this girl was on a bed on all fours holding the foot of the bed and had the phone to her ear talking in it and moving herself back and forth while trying to convince you to call. I remember thinking D@mn they would never show that *kitten* on regular tv here, I mean we have that stuff here but it was just racier there.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    For me its Pinterest... ' lose 20lbs in 2 weeks' ..as IF that's gonna happen
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Too true, my surprise with visiting the UK was the crazy topless phone sex commercials that show the girls talking on the phone and moving in some very suggestive motions. We have some of that here but not nearly as much.

Huh. I don't remember seeing any of those when I was in Ireland (Dublin) a few years back. Yeah, I know - it's Ireland, not Britain, but we got BBC (and a couple other British stations, IIRC) in our hotel room.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

We must watch very different channels, ive never seen them and i live in the uk lol

I remember it was late night tv and I was flipping through channels, my parents probably had a lot of channels(no naughty ones though) and this girl was on a bed on all fours holding the foot of the bed and had the phone to her ear talking in it and moving herself back and forth while trying to convince you to call. I remember thinking D@mn they would never show that *kitten* on regular tv here.

And in reality when guys call there talking to a 40 year old in sweat pants doing the ironing lol
  • Grimmerick
    Options

I remember it was late night tv and I was flipping through channels, my parents probably had a lot of channels(no naughty ones though) and this girl was on a bed on all fours holding the foot of the bed and had the phone to her ear talking in it and moving herself back and forth while trying to convince you to call. I remember thinking D@mn they would never show that *kitten* on regular tv here.

And in reality when guys call there talking to a 40 year old in sweat pants doing the ironing lol

haha That's always the picture I get in my head, Hair rollers, MooMoo and an Ironing board with a cigarette hanging from the lips lol
  • Grimmerick
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Huh. I don't remember seeing any of those when I was in Ireland (Dublin) a few years back. Yeah, I know - it's Ireland, not Britain, but we got BBC (and a couple other British stations, IIRC) in our hotel room.

Maybe they only show it at a certain time of night and only on a certain channel or two and I happened to come across it. Can't fathom it would ever be on BBC though
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    I love fitness infomercial garbage!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and a classic...
    giphy.gif

Ok I feel like men invented the 2nd and 3rd one of those lol

If you want a good laugh, do a YouTube search for "Tug Toner". I won't even post it here, lol.
  • Grimmerick
    edited October 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    leggup wrote: »
    I love fitness infomercial garbage!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and a classic...
    giphy.gif

Ok I feel like men invented the 2nd and 3rd one of those lol

If you want a good laugh, do a YouTube search for "Tug Toner". I won't even post it here, lol.

going now......

I'm back and that was seriously funny :D
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Face slimmer

Description: Lose Weight And Burn Fat New Rubber Face Slimmer Mouth Muscle Tightener

Silicone-Rubber-Face-Slimmer-Exercise-Mouth-Piece-facial-skin-Muscle-Lift-Massage-Anti-Wrinkle-Hot-Popular.jpg_640x640.jpg

This one creeps me out so much. I'll take a fat jaw over doing that anyday.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yea I look at that mouth exerciser and think...........you're just asking for people to put stuff in it.

"Hey Ted, I bet you I can toss this grape in her mouth from here."

Yes - put "stuff" in it. It looks creepily like a blow-up doll mouth (not that I've ever seen one of those - moving along).
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Yea I look at that mouth exerciser and think...........you're just asking for people to put stuff in it.

"Hey Ted, I bet you I can toss this grape in her mouth from here."

Yes - put "stuff" in it. It looks creepily like a blow-up doll mouth (not that I've ever seen one of those - moving along).

lol didn't I see you driving in the HOV lane with one of those.....
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    That was an awesome visual - just sayin
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options

watch TV around 12am to 4 or 5 am, its filled with those phone sex commercials
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who uses some vibration/massage machine at Planet Fitness and she actually thought it would assist in her weight loss because it's shaking her muscles. We had a bit of a heated discussion on the matter and I finally just quietly shook my head and walked away. You can't win some arguments but you truly do win because you are right.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options

haha That's always the picture I get in my head, Hair rollers, MooMoo and an Ironing board with a cigarette hanging from the lips lol

This EXACT scenario was the subject of an MTV video. I can't remember the song and can't google it because I'm at work.