I am new to the Fifties Club!

Options
Hey everyone, I am new to this group. I am fairly new to My Fitness Pal, and trying to lose 20-25 pounds.
I chose this group as I am 54, and have discovered that your body changes......drastically when you hit the big 5-0. I use to have no problem dropping weight when I put my mind to it. Now, it is like sand crystals in an hour glass. Seems like I will never get it off. Any twenty something that brags about dropping 10 pounds in a week, needs a blanket treatment. (if you don't know, don't ask! HA!)
I am quickly reminded of one of my favorite movies, Fried Green Tomatoes. The scene where Kathy Bates rams her car into the young girls' Volkswagon Beetle. I love what she says, let's face it girls, I have a bigger car and better insurance. Or something like that. That's the way I feel around young, sassy little things. But I have to remind myself, I am that perfect glass of aged wine. I didn't get to be this good in a short period of time.
So this is my introduction! Love to read others posts. Will chime in when the mood moves me.