Newbie Eve, on 1,200 calories

Options
Hey this is Eve. 24years old. Teacher.
I'm totally new to this. Never even dieted before, so I'm literally a newborn.
Trying out the 1200 calorie goal. If anyone has any advice or tips, please let me know!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hi eve

What are your stats - Have you put these in to MFP to get a calorie goal? Most women would be able to eat more than 1200 cals a day - you want to lose on as many calories as possible, not as little as possible!
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Yes here's a piece of advice Eve. :)
    Diets don't work!! :o

This has to be a lifelong change.
    Little by little.
    Step by step! B)
  • Eve000123
    Eve000123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi eve

What are your stats - Have you put these in to MFP to get a calorie goal? Most women would be able to eat more than 1200 cals a day - you want to lose on as many calories as possible, not as little as possible!

Ohh right? I'm a bit of a binge eater so I thought 1200 would be a good place to start. What's MFP? I'm sorry I'm totally new to this world.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Eve000123 wrote: »
    Hi eve

Ohh right? I'm a bit of a binge eater so I thought 1200 would be a good place to start. What's MFP? I'm sorry I'm totally new to this world.

MFP =My Fitness Pal. The app you're on. How did you get here without putting your stats in?

Your binge eating may stem from being overly restrictive, so limiting yourself to 1200 cals probably won't help in that regard.