5'8" women

Options
Just curious to hear all of the 5'8" women's goals.
I'm 5'8" 160lbs and would like to be in the 140's

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", currently 170 which is 102 lbs down from where I was a year ago. My current goal is 164 which is the top end of normal weight. Then I will take a breather and slowly recomp in hopes of building muscle and tightening loose skin. So my goal weight is actually higher than your starting weight!

The first time I ever dieted was in my 20s. I had gotten up to 160 and lost down to 112. Times were different then - I looked all right, but my motivation was that at 160 I wore a size 14 and hardly any clothes were available in that size! It was too small for the plus sized "women's" department but too large for "misses" which only went up to a 12. Today, not only do most lines of clothing carry 14s, but I could wear a 14 when I weighed 200 lbs thanks to vanity sizing.

In terms of aesthetics, 140 was always a good look on me. That's what I weighed when I got married.

Best of luck with your weight loss!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I started looking really good around 145, however, I chose to keep losing and am now 130, which is pretty lean. It will depend on how you carry your weight too (my face/neck is getting a bit too thin for my liking... or I may just have to get used to it).
  • S7SILVA
    S7SILVA Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", weighing in at 198. I started at 213 lbs. Hoping to eventually get to 140s as well. Short term goal is 190.
  • Rosesandhealth
    Rosesandhealth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'9 and at 156lbs. I think 145 is perfect for me. I am a size 8 currently. I started at 175lbs :)
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'-8" and at an all time high for me of 186. Goal is to break 160 and reevaluate! I'd love to see motivating progress photos for anyone less than 186!!!
  • huronl
    huronl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5’8 and weigh 125 pounds and a size 4
    This is too thin. I eat 5x per day but my vegan diet keeps the weight off- unintentional consequence. I have been this wright for the last 6 years
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’8.5”, I’m 197lb and my goal is 172lb, which is about a uk12 for me.
    Iv been down to a size 6 before, I find when I start to get skinny (a 10 for me) I start to get a bit hooked on the feeling and it gets to be a problem.
  • jihaneberr1533
    jihaneberr1533 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Im 5'8 and 200lbs my goal is 150lbs...my program is to lose a little bit more than 1pound every week so i hope to reach at least 170 on summer however my short term goal is 185
  • erinsperry
    erinsperry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'8" and 140 is a good weight for me, too. I am about 155 and am just starting my journey back to fitness and health. Fell off the wagon for a while... but i am back on!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    usbt1imzapjb.jpeg
    I’m just under 5’8”, before at 160lbs, now 130lbs (73-59kg).
  • m1ss1onH1llZ
    m1ss1onH1llZ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5' 8", now 150 lbs, would like to be 137.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I’m 5 ft 8 - I have hovered around 142 for many years but the last few months I gained five pounds and I’m at 148 and everything feels tight. Ideal weight is 140-142 - when I drop too low I lose all the fat in my face and my nose takes over lol - I’m very active and run 15-20 miles a week.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7.5 inches! Almost there! And I'd like to be 135.
  • CynthiaByrne
    CynthiaByrne Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 yrs old and 5'8" tall. I currently weigh 182, but my goal is 170. My body seems comfortable there. When I was about 35, I weighed 140 and I was told by many people that I looked ill. I want to look & fell healthy.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8 and my goal is 165, higher than most of y'all started. maybe i'm just built differently, but i love the way i look at that weight: a good amount of muscle and still curvy.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've sent all of you lovely 5'8 ladies FRs
  • EmilySTX
    EmilySTX Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    130 is my goal, although 135 would be fine too. I gain weight easily in my face so I like to be a bit under what is necessary to slim out my face
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    140 - maybe 138 for a cushion

I've been down to 130 but I have more muscle now and I think I was too thin.
  • Countrybabe_75
    Countrybabe_75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my lowest was 4 years ago at 192. I received a lot of compliments and felt better than I had my whole life. When I was in high school, I weighed 175. Currently, my oldest son is a very fit athlete at 5'9* and weighs 175. I think I'll keep my goal to get back to the 190's. I'm not interested in looking like a teenage boy. LOL
  • kendraj404
    kendraj404 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’8” and currently 205, down from 220 in October. My goal is 150, but the number could change. I just want to be a solid size 8. And would love to be freeness with anyone similar — I can’t figure out how to make the request! Duh.