Weight not budging! Advice please

Options
So 2 week ago I started the 21 raw vegan only challenge I’m mostly through my second week and all’s I have eAt is fruit or made fruit in to smoothies nothing else however during my first week I did great I lost 8lbs in 7 days but during my second week I haven’t lost anything at all I even gained 1lb but I’ve been eating the exact same thing nothing more and my weight won’t budge ts been the same all week. The only exercise I get it walking home from work and all the heavy lifting and walking I do in Work. My stomach looks flatter and I overall feel thinner but I can’t be if the weight isn’t moving it’s a really high weight aswell so it’s kinda depressing me that it’s not going down after how hard I’m trying. Any advice

Replies

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing (with a food scale) and measuring your portions?

Also, you ONLY eat fruit?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Is this some stupid Freelee thing? We're not frugivores, we're omnivores. You need to eat more than just fruit.

Enter your stats into MFP, eat the calories it tells you to, plus 50-75% of exercise cals.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Your teeth will not be pleased if you keep this up.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There is more to a raw vegan diet than fruit. If you don't know what it incorporates, perhaps try doing some research first so you can have a more balanced diet.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    If you want honest advice from a community that has....BEEN THERE DONE THAT-WORN THE T SHIRT //!
    Stop!! :o:s
    There is no magic bullet to weight loss lovely.
    As soon as you stop this Vegan 'Cleanse', the weight will come back.
    This is only short term.

Fresh fruit is nourishing. But you can have too much of a good thing.
    I have done the Cabbage soup diet, The Juice Cleanses, you name it.

I have learned weight loss is forever.
    Every day. Step by step.
    No short cuts.
    A varied and balanced diet will keep your body healthy, just as CICO and logging every calorie.

Sorry lovely.
    It's not sexy, or fad like.
    Just the truth!
  • wxlaw
    wxlaw Posts: 25 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This sounds like a terrible diet. If you have any personal reasons for doing this diet (and not just for the purpose of losing weight), at least eat some nuts and seeds. Do some research on what you can eat in raw vegan diet to make sure that you have some protein and fat intake.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    how exactly do you figure a diet of pure sugar is going to help you lose weight in the long term?? what happens when you go back to real food?? and where is your protein???
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    losing 8 lbs in 7 days was unrealistic and simply the shock to the system that this terrible plan produces.
    While you will continue to lose weight doing this given time, as you would with any calorie deficit I fail to see any logic in eating only fruit.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    This isn't a good diet. I love fruit, I eat a lot of it, it's where I get most if there sugar in my diet, but I'd feel terrible if I ate only fruit. Also, depending on what fruit you are eating ( some has much higher calorie content than others) you might be eating more calories than you expect. Also, it's only been a week, so it could be water retention.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    No I don’t weight my portions because all’s I eat is fruit and I don’t eat so much of it that it’s possible I go over my recommended calories and yeah I only eat fruit nothing else @Morgaen73

That's where your problem lies. You would be surprised on how much calories you can rack up with just fruit. An apple is 80-120 calories depending on size. But you also need the other macros. Maybe atleast try adding veggies?

• rickiimarieee
    Options
    Also the 8 pounds isn't fat loss. Fat is slow to come off.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    You're lucky that all the people replying are patient, kind and informative

Because in other places you might get some very sharp replies to your question.

Time to have a really good think about your long & medium term goals, your motivation to achieve them
    and then to put together a plan of action that you can follow

Remember, goals need to be SMART

Specific
    Measureable
    Achieveable
    in a
    Realistic Time Frame

So good goal planning would say: I want to lose 20lbs of fat, be able to run 3km in 30 minutes, drop 2 dress sizes in 25 weeks from today

Bad goal setting would be things like:

I want to lose as much weight as possible (not specific)
    I want to lose 50lbs in 6 weeks (not realistically achievable)

That's my advice: set your 12 week, 24 week, 52 week and 104 week goals and set out a healthy plan to hit each marker. There's tons of advice on here, loads of support and all the tools.

Oh and ditch the insane fruit only plan you're currently using. Immediately.

^^