Ready Meals

Options
I've recently come back to calorie counting after slimming world I was loosing way to slow.
I'm just wondering does anybody think that it's easier to stick to calorie allowance eating ready meals? and loosing weight doing so? I know they're not the best for you. but it's in the evenings and even meal when I go way over calories, I can never make a meal with low enough calories so I thought if I have Healthier ready meals for tea and bulk them up with veg I might find it a lot easier. Tbh I did used to do this when we didn't have a cooker for awhile and I did loose a lot.

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    A simple meat and vegetable is the easiest way for me to keep count of my meal calories. But I do like Ready Made Meals...check into something like IconMeals.com, depending on how much you're willing/able to pay.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Sure you could do that as long as your calories are in order. Your body doesn't know who makes the food. My big concern is that you say you can never make meals with low enough calories. If that's the case in order for you to keep the weight off, you'd have to eat this way the rest of your life. If you're prepared to do that there's certainly nothing wrong with it, but I would recommend at least cooking some of your own dinners so you can practice how to do it. It will give you a lot more flexibility over the long run and probably increase the odds of you keeping the weight off.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand. Half the portion of any meal or food will have half the calories. Calculating the calories is just half the job, no, less, sticking to it is what's difficult and what really matters. If you're satisfied with the readymeals, it means that your diet as a whole is nutritious enough.

Be prepared to not lose faster with MFP; weight loss naturally slows down as you lose weight.