Question -> I am SUPER SICK....

Options
I woke up running a 103.3 fever, my whole body aches, my throat is Very swollen to where I can barely talk & I can't bend my neck forward all so basically I'm extremely sick but are there any exercises I can do while laying down or should I just rest??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Focus on recovery.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Another vote for rest.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Haha. I love your attitude, but yes, you should definitely get some rest.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    go to doctor - you could have strep, (and get lots of rest & up fluids)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I woke up running a 103.3 fever, my whole body aches, my throat is Very swollen to where I can barely talk & I can't bend my neck forward all so basically I'm extremely sick but are there any exercises I can do while laying down or should I just rest??

If you are having a bad headache or sore neck (beyond the swollen throat) with that fever please get checked out by a doctor. Meningitis just rattles around in the back of my mind.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Iv been rediculously sick last 3 days...lost 17 pounds overnight the first night (worst night ever i swear im not very big to begin with) And i hadnt even ate much that day to get rid of food weight...most of it was water ripped from my body ....>.> was awful. Iv been a useless lump in a bed and proud to be. Id suggest you do aswell. You need to get beter, Bodies need rest. Keep drinking fluids and go to sleep
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Rest.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I would be more worried about seeing a doctor than exercising.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I would be more worried about seeing a doctor than exercising.

This
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

If you are having a bad headache or sore neck (beyond the swollen throat) with that fever please get checked out by a doctor. Meningitis just rattles around in the back of my mind.

This - not probable, but don't take chances, it's a very serious illness.

eta: not being able to bend your head forward is especially worrisome.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Rest
    Drink lots of fluids
    Consider doctor
    Feel better
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Another vote for just rest. Your body will be putting plenty of effort into recovery right now.