Stupid question. But...

Options
Would it be unwise to lift two times today? I did legs this morning. And I'm traveling for work with not much to do tonight. And seeing as I'll be leaving early tomorrow and missing my lift day could I do shoulders and back tonight?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I do that sometimes. I try not to do it often, but work travel throws my training schedule for a loop sometimes. Technically tomorrow will be a rest day for you. You should be fine.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sure why not. A lot of bodybuilders/athletes train twice a day, I would just make sure you are eating enough carbs to recover between workouts.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would. As quicksylver said- not too often- but once in a while it won't kill you.
  • WildBill_CQ
    WildBill_CQ Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    dym1 wrote: »
    Sure why not. A lot of bodybuilders/athletes train twice a day, I would just make sure you are eating enough carbs to recover between workouts.

Agreed. carbs for recovery and rest to rebuild the muscle.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sure...

I do full body and I've had to fit in back to back workouts from time to time...not in one day, but consecutive days which is generally a no-no...but if it's just occasionally to get it in, it's not a big deal so long as I'm getting my recovery afterwards...
  • SPHR777
    SPHR777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Business travel and spare time... may as well be building muscle!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Table pull-ups and fork-lifting.

Seriously,
    set MFP to gain between .5-1lbs a week.
    Eat what you love, but make sure you fulfil your nutritional goals.
    Do some weight lifting and a little cardio.
    Eat your exercise calories back.

Cheers, h.