Always hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" and 13 stone (182 lb), you are only just on the line of overweight/obese...so 2 lb/week is most likely too aggressive. (note that 1200 is the bottom floor on MFP and probably corresponds to less than 2 lb/wk projected loss..when it gave you that goal, there would have been some red bolded text on the screen telling you what it actually corresponded to).

For me, fiber seems to result in the most satiety per calorie. A <300 calorie bowl of split pea soup can leave me absolutely full unlike anything else.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Adjust you expectations if 1200 doesn't work for you. I am exponentially happier at 1600, so it works fine for me to lose a bit slower and not be focused on food every single waking minute.

There's nothing worse than stressing to lose that 2 lbs per week you want and then gaining it all back because you're so hungry you lose impulse control and overeat. It's far better to lose slower and keep it off.

Have you tried the usual - finding out which macros keep you satiated longer? For me it's protein. I can eat half a dozen donuts and be hungry half an hour later, but if I have 15-20 grams of protein in a meal I'm fine for hours. For some its fat or fiber that works.

Is there some medical reason you need to lose so fast?
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bulk up meals with fibre, mushrooms, lettuce, cabbage

psyllium is proven to aid satiety

http://www.ergo-log.com/psyllium-boosts-chance-of-successful-weight-loss.html

take it with your meals and plenty of water

ooh yes and eat slowly, chew well, supposed to lead to feeling fuller