Drank Saturday and can't get back on track!

Options
Famof72015
Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Yell, be mean, say what I need to hear. I'm so mad I was doing so great and I feel like I set myself up for failure I knew I was going to drink but then I had it in my head if you do it's probably going to mess you up because the next day you're going to want to eat bad and lo and behold I have and it's almost been a week of being off of my plan.... and now I'm telling myself okay well tomorrow is your anniversary and the calories that you were going to save to enjoy yourself you now can't and then Sunday I'm going to dinner with my whole family and the calories that I was going to save you now cant and so I basically feel like oh you should just start again on Monday. I'm so mad I have sabotaged who knows how many lbs and weeks of hard work. I drank twice last month and this last one is enough for me. Not worth it. I know I'll get back on and I'm not going to beat myself up to much it's just the initial getting back on I just need to do. And quit thinking fomoof problem!

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's okay have some fun once in a while, in fact it might actually be good for you! There's always time to get back on track and sometimes you just gotta live in the moment and enjoy it. By just writing this it shows that you still have ambition to stay healthy and fit. Don't be so hard on yourself :).
  • Famof72015
    Options
    It's okay have some fun once in a while, in fact it might actually be good for you! There's always time to get back on track and sometimes you just gotta live in the moment and enjoy it. By just writing this it shows that you still have ambition to stay healthy and fit. Don't be so hard on yourself :).

Well thank you!

• Famof72015
    Options
    Our 10 year anniversary ❤️ thanks everyone! I knew I loved MFP for a reason!
  • dustinjbrock
    dustinjbrock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I Just had my bachelor party and went back home for the weekend to visit family. I've been on a 5 or 6 day hiatus but I'm not sweating it. Doesn't matter if you fall off the horse.... just matters that you get back on!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i was drinking saturday night, and ate pretty much all the food Saturday and Sunday... was back on track on Monday. th escales took till today to get back to where i was last friday, but i had a brilliant weekend, so i really dont care!

life happens... i usually have 1 event per month where i go way over cals, but i don't worry about it, because its my choice and i know the impact it will have... and its worth it to enjoy myself, celebrate birthdays/weddings etc.