Daily amount for body.

Options
So i'm trying to lose weight but i dunno what amount of protein, carbs and fats i should eat. But i wanted to share with you guys just to check if i'm doing well.
My weight is 121 KG and height 189 cm.
I'm having between 80-120 grams of protein, less than 60 grams of carbs, less than 35 grams of fat, and 60 minutes of walking after dinner as exercise.
What do you guys think of that? Should i change anything?
Thank you

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Have you put your stats in to MFP and got a calorie goal? You aren't eating nearly enough
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tariq_1997 wrote: »
    So i'm trying to lose weight but i dunno what amount of protein, carbs and fats i should eat. But i wanted to share with you guys just to check if i'm doing well.
    I'm having between 80-120 grams of protein, less than 60 grams of carbs, less than 35 grams of fat, and 60 minutes of walking after dinner as exercise.
    Thank you

whats wrong with MFPs default macros?

is there a medical reason for so little fat and carbs?
  • Tariq_1997
    Tariq_1997 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Have you put your stats in to MFP and got a calorie goal? You aren't eating nearly enough

Yes i did and i put that i wanna lose 1 kg every week so it shows that i have to eat 2300 calories, so i don't think it's right to eat 300 grams of carbs to lose weight
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    Thank you

whats wrong with MFPs default macros?

is there a medical reason for so little fat and carbs?

Tbh there is no medical reason, i have already lost 21 KG in 8 months but still i wonna lose more that's why i'm trying to eat less carbs and fats
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As a male you should eat at least 1500 calories per day. Didn't you get a calorie target from MFP when you signed up?

To lose weight, you need to consistently eat less (fewer calories) than you burn. You burn around 3000-3500 calories per day. To be healthy physically, you need to eat enough, but not too much - fat, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals - and move your body. To be healthy mentally, you need to eat in a way you like and makes you feel good, and have fun.

You can take your calories in any way you like. It's smart to get in a minimum of fat and protein. 1.2 grams of per kilo of bodyweight at a healthy weight is a good minimum for protein; don't be afraid to go over, but try to not go over your calories. 80-100 grams of fat is also a good goal. But hitting those numbers are just means to the end: A consistent calorie deficit.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    As a male you should eat at least 1500 calories per day. Didn't you get a calorie target from MFP when you signed up?

To lose weight, you need to consistently eat less (fewer calories) than you burn. You burn around 3000-3500 calories per day. To be healthy physically, you need to eat enough, but not too much - fat, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals - and move your body. To be healthy mentally, you need to eat in a way you like and makes you feel good, and have fun.

You can take your calories in any way you like. It's smart to get in a minimum of fat and protein. 1.2 grams of per kilo of bodyweight at a healthy weight is a good minimum for protein; don't be afraid to go over, but try to not go over your calories. 80-100 grams of fat is also a good goal. But hitting those numbers are just means to the end: A consistent calorie deficit.

I consider myself as a light active person i mean not lazy and not really active. So i don't think that i burn 3000-3500 that's why i'm eating less i just wonna lose the weight i'm sick of it.
    And yes MFP shows that i should eat around 300 grams of carbs, 120 grams of protein and 75 grams of fat. But if you check and ask personal trainers and nutritions they'll tell you to eat less carbs like rice, bread and pasta. And of course less fats like chicken skin..
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

Yes i did and i put that i wanna lose 1 kg every week so it shows that i have to eat 2300 calories, so i don't think it's right to eat 300 grams of carbs to lose weight

carbs dont make you gain weight. excess calories do.

I dunno but i asked lots of people and did research and it shows that if you eat less carbs you'll loss weight

yes, water weight. which lasts about a week, after that unless you're in a deficit you wont.

So if cutting carbs makes you lose the water in your body, what makes you lose fat? Few months ago i lost 6 kilos in one month just because i ate like 1000 calories a day.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

I dunno but i asked lots of people and did research and it shows that if you eat less carbs you'll loss weight

yes, water weight. which lasts about a week, after that unless you're in a deficit you wont.

So if cutting carbs makes you lose the water in your body, what makes you lose fat? Few months ago i lost 6 kilos in one month just because i ate like 1000 calories a day.

calorie deficit.

Tbh i dunno exactly what calorie deficit is but i checked it on google and what i understood is that i have to do more physical work to burn more calories? Like it has to be more than what i take in?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I ate around 150 grams of carbs a day (around 40%) when I was losing weight and it did not slow me down one bit with weight loss. Keep in mind that I was also half your current weight when I started calorie counting and paying attention to my macros so needed a lot less calories to begin with.

Carbs do not make you gain weight, nor do they stop you from losing weight. The only thing that will cause weight loss is eating at a deficit and any personal trainer or nutritionists is lying if they tell you otherwise. The only reason LCHF works for some is that they find these ratios to be the best for satiety which makes it much easier to stay within a calorie deficit. Others need more fibre from carbs to achieve the same affect.
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

I consider myself as a light active person i mean not lazy and not really active. So i don't think that i burn 3000-3500 that's why i'm eating less i just wonna lose the weight i'm sick of it.
    And yes MFP shows that i should eat around 300 grams of carbs, 120 grams of protein and 75 grams of fat. But if you check and ask personal trainers and nutritions they'll tell you to eat less carbs like rice, bread and pasta. And of course less fats like chicken skin..
    At your current weight, you burn 3000 as sedentary. Of course you want to lose weight. You lose weight when you eat less than 3000 calories. You don't lose faster eating less than 1500 calories (or, technically, you do; undereating allows you to burn muscles, but I assume that's not what you want).

MFP has a default macro split that is okay, but best suited for maintenance. The easiest macro to cut from, is, generally, carbs. PTs have their own agendas and nutritionists are not educated as dieticians. A balanced diet is important for good health, you have to stick to your diet for a long, long time, and not go wild when you're done (or "done"), and there is nothing wrong with carbs and fat - what's wrong, is overeating. You have been overeating for a long time. Now you are trying to undereat to counteract. It doesn't work like that. You don't drive your car from side to side on the road, do you? (I hope not!) You have stick to your lane, and you need time to regain a healthy weight.

I know nothing about weight and body tbh so how does the body burn 3000 calories without any exercise?
    And yes that's right i lost 2 kg of fat and 4 KG of muscles last month. I have 85 KG of muscles in my body. The macro in this app was wrong so i changed it manully to 40% protein 35% carbs and 25% fat (i don't eat all of that) so yeah and *kitten* alot of carbs.
    I know that's it's not going to be easy to lose another 20 KG but i'm doing my best i just wonna get to 100 KG to start doing weight lifts and get a nice body
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

calorie deficit.

Tbh i dunno exactly what calorie deficit is but i checked it on google and what i understood is that i have to do more physical work to burn more calories? Like it has to be more than what i take in?

You're forgetting that you burn calories just being alive...
  • Tariq_1997
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I ate around 150 grams of carbs a day (around 40%) when I was losing weight and it did not slow me down one bit with weight loss. Keep in mind that I was also half your current weight when I started calorie counting and paying attention to my macros so needed a lot less calories to begin with.

Carbs do not make you gain weight, nor do they stop you from losing weight. The only thing that will cause weight loss is eating at a deficit and any personal trainer or nutritionists is lying if they tell you otherwise. The only reason LCHF works for some is that they find these ratios to be the best for satiety which makes it much easier to stay within a calorie deficit. Others need more fibre from carbs to achieve the same affect.

If you please could explain a bit for me what the calories deficit is it would be much appreciated cz i know nothing about it. And my macros was a lot higher it was 300 grams of carbs and 75 grams of fat. That's way more
  • Tariq_1997
    Options

calorie deficit.

You're forgetting that you burn calories just being alive...

Lol i'm learning new things.
    Alot of things i didn't know about before getting this app, like really when i started to calculate my calories and my exercise i felt good and got motivated
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

calorie deficit.

Calorie deficit means that you eat fewer calories than you burn. You, Tariq_1997, burn about 3000 calories a day just sitting around doing nothing. Eating 2300 calories a day -- the number MFP gave you -- leaves you with a 700 calorie deficit. When you move around or exercise, you burn more calories than 3000, and your deficit goes up. But eating fewer calories than 2300 to get a bigger deficit doesn't work well forever. It's not sustainable to lose 6 kilos in one month; your body won't give up fat that easily and it won't keep happening that way.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

At your current weight, you burn 3000 as sedentary. Of course you want to lose weight. You lose weight when you eat less than 3000 calories. You don't lose faster eating less than 1500 calories (or, technically, you do; undereating allows you to burn muscles, but I assume that's not what you want).

MFP has a default macro split that is okay, but best suited for maintenance. The easiest macro to cut from, is, generally, carbs. PTs have their own agendas and nutritionists are not educated as dieticians. A balanced diet is important for good health, you have to stick to your diet for a long, long time, and not go wild when you're done (or "done"), and there is nothing wrong with carbs and fat - what's wrong, is overeating. You have been overeating for a long time. Now you are trying to undereat to counteract. It doesn't work like that. You don't drive your car from side to side on the road, do you? (I hope not!) You have stick to your lane, and you need time to regain a healthy weight.

I know nothing about weight and body tbh so how does the body burn 3000 calories without any exercise?
    And yes that's right i lost 2 kg of fat and 4 KG of muscles last month. I have 85 KG of muscles in my body. The macro in this app was wrong so i changed it manully to 40% protein 35% carbs and 25% fat (i don't eat all of that) so yeah and *kitten* alot of carbs.
    I know that's it's not going to be easy to lose another 20 KG but i'm doing my best i just wonna get to 100 KG to start doing weight lifts and get a nice body
    Knowledge is invaluable. You would need to eat even if you stayed in bed all day, right? That's because your body burns calories by keeping you alive (heart beat, digestion, keeping you warm etc). Then you'll normally be doing some daily activities (walking, working etc) and maybe exercise. A heavier body uses more energy for everything.

I wouldn't take those numbers of your body composition for granted, but they do indicate that you are wrecking havoc on your health.

The macros aren't "wrong" (you say you don't konw anything about body and weight so how would you know if those numbers were wrong?) - but they may be less than ideal for you at your current weight. Going from default to something extreme, without knowing what you are doing and why, is not a terribly good idea. You need to take care of your body if you want it to last. You do that by feeding yourself sensibly. Not by punishing yourself. You are NOT going to reach 100 kilos, and certainly not be able to lift weights (maybe not even a toothbrush) if you carry on like you are now.