Intermittent fasting is awesome!

Options
So far I have lost an additional 6lbs this week after only doing it for five days. ( Note: I have been on a diet for over a year).

I only eat between the hours of 2pm to 10pm; which seems hard on paper, but it's actually super easy.

Surprisingly, I am not hungry at all, and it's way easier than counting calories.

I drink black coffee or diet drinks to provide energy for more workouts, during my fasting period.

I highly recommend Intermittent fasting for anyone tired of counting calories .

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    wally2wiki wrote: »
    So far I have lost an additional 6lbs this week after only doing it for five days. ( Note: I have been on a diet for over a year).

I only eat between the hours of 2pm to 10pm; which seems hard on paper, but it's actually super easy.

Surprisingly, I am not hungry at all, and it's way easier than counting calories.

I drink black coffee or diet drinks to provide energy for more workouts, during my fasting period.

I highly recommend Intermittent fasting for anyone tired of counting calories .

you are aware that even with IF you still need to be eating at a deficit to lose weight, right? so while you may not be counting calories, some do need to to ensure they are at that deficit.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That's awesome!
    I've been IF (& of course counting calories) for a few weeks now and I see no difference except it helps with temptaions of late night snacking (I only eat 12p-8p).
    Curiously I ususally have breakfast for dinner now, since I've been skipping it it's what I crave. Lol
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As others have pointed out, timing really has no bearing on weight loss, so it offers no advantage to speak of. Though I suppose if someone enjoys the idea of being able to eat one huge meal that it might be appealing. Think about it, if your entire calorie budget per day was one meal then the sky is pretty much the limit and it would open up a world of interesting dining possibilities. I just can't see starving myself all day for the novelty though.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    IF does nothing more than provide a framework for eating. You can just as easily overeat on IF as eat at deficit.

For some of us, the structure of having a window of eating helps regulate our days and appetites. There's no magic to meal timing in terms of fat loss, it's still about creating a calorie deficit.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Cool!
    Now please: Everyone who was able to maintain this progress for (lets say) more than 6 months after stopping IF please stand up ...

IF is a diet!
    You just lose weight, but you don't learn a thing about how and what to eat to keep your weight ...
    I'm not sure why exactly you are here, but I'm sick of having to start all over every couple of years.
    Dieting is NOT the way to go.

This time I'm going to do it right.
    Looks good so far, I'm in my goalweight-zone for 340 days now.

My husband has been unknowingly doing IF his whole life. He just doesn't eat before late afternoon. Why do you think IF so unmanagable? lol
    By the way you should check the dictionary for the word "diet". It has nothing to do with WHEN you eat.

(hint: it has to do with what)

And I would say it's not WHEN or WHAT, but rather how much.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    As others have pointed out, timing really has no bearing on weight loss, so it offers no advantage to speak of. Though I suppose if someone enjoys the idea of being able to eat one huge meal that it might be appealing. Think about it, if your entire calorie budget per day was one meal then the sky is pretty much the limit and it would open up a world of interesting dining possibilities. I just can't see starving myself all day for the novelty though.

It's not necessarily one meal a day, although that works for some people, for a lot of people it's just a case of skipping breakfast and using those calories for bigger meals at lunch and/or dinner or to add a couple of snacks in. I find it very helpful to do on weekends so I can factor a pub meal or drinks in without having to restrict myself over the rest of the week or eating up to maintenance, I basically have brunch and dinner with drinks.

As long as you have found a framework that works for you that produces a caloric deficit, game on. Again timing is irrelevant to weight loss.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Cool!
    Now please: Everyone who was able to maintain this progress for (lets say) more than 6 months after stopping IF please stand up ...

IF is a diet!
    You just lose weight, but you don't learn a thing about how and what to eat to keep your weight ...
    I'm not sure why exactly you are here, but I'm sick of having to start all over every couple of years.
    Dieting is NOT the way to go.

This time I'm going to do it right.
    Looks good so far, I'm in my goalweight-zone for 340 days now.

My husband has been unknowingly doing IF his whole life. He just doesn't eat before late afternoon. Why do you think IF so unmanagable? lol
    By the way you should check the dictionary for the word "diet". It has nothing to do with WHEN you eat.

(hint: it has to do with what)

And I would say it's not WHEN or WHAT, but rather how much.

No. The word "diet" means what a person or animal eats. Has nothing to do with weightloss and with how much.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am all for it
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Been doing IF for a few years now, I love it.
    And as others have stated, IF is an eating strategy.....not a diet
    It is not a silver bullet when it comes to weight loss/gain.
    In the end that will always be overall consumption of calories....not when you eat them.