Still losing too quickly?

GrumpyHeadmistress
GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Based on the advice of the sage MPF forum, I reset my goal to 0.5lb a week. I only had 8-9lbs to lose and was set at 2lbs pet week. This moved my calories from 1200 to 1360.

Whilst my loss has slowed down, it’s still about a 1lb a week now. Over the past two weeks I’ve lost 4.4lbs (I’m down to 129.2lbs with 4.2 lbs to go) but this week is ovulation week so I’ll retain water and possibly even gain this week.

My averages have been:-

Past 1 month (1360 calories) - 0.9lbs a week
Past 2 months (1200 calories) - 0.75lb a week
Past 3 months (1200 calories) - 0.66lbs a week

Logically if my weight loss is speeding up I should up my calories? Or do I stick with the target set by MPF and assume it’ll sort itself out?

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    I wouldn't change anything since you just moved your calories up. In looking at your diary it seems generally you're eating 1600-1800 and burning the same when you count your exercise. I'd say give it a few weeks and see what happens. Adjust as needed then.
    Trending apps are great too - happy scale on apple or libra on android. Put in your daily weight and you'll be able to better see where your weight is going.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    your calorie goal before today was 1800?
  • GrumpyHeadmistress

I usually burn between 160-530 calories through exercise and then eat those back. So net about 1360.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    jayemes wrote: »
    I wouldn't change anything since you just moved your calories up. In looking at your diary it seems generally you're eating 1600-1800 and burning the same when you count your exercise. I'd say give it a few weeks and see what happens. Adjust as needed then.
    Trending apps are great too - happy scale on apple or libra on android. Put in your daily weight and you'll be able to better see where your weight is going.

Thanks! Hopefully in a couple of weeks I’ll be at maintenance.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

No, she's just eating back exercise calories.

Is your logging the same? You might have gotten better at it and were underestimating your calories before. Either way, give it a couple more weeks, if your loss is still too fast for your liking increase your calories even more. You might have a higher NEAT than you thought.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    if you are happy eating that amount then stick with it. it sounds like you can up them considerably and still lose weight though if you wish to.

depends if you mind a big jump when you want to maintain or not.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress

No, she's just eating back exercise calories.

Is your logging the same? You might have gotten better at it and were underestimating your calories before. Either way, give it a couple more weeks, if your loss is still too fast for your liking increase your calories even more. You might have a higher NEAT than you thought.

I’ve not changed anything and have always weighed everything except liquids, which I measure by volume. Except my morning coffee from Starbucks.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    if you are happy eating that amount then stick with it. it sounds like you can up them considerably and still lose weight though if you wish to.

depends if you mind a big jump when you want to maintain or not.

Ok, I’ll stick with my current calories and see how it goes. Thanks!