Am I obsessive to be calculating all the nutrient details for substitutions?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I just spent like 20 minutes calculating the nutrition facts for The Good Egg sandwich at Au Bon Pain... I had to figure out the difference in each area between 2 eggs and egg white patty they use by separating each ingredient from other sandwiches (like 2 eggs on a bagel minus the bagel nutrients to find the egg ones...etc) then subtracting and had to do the same by subtracting the ingredients for the original bread minus the skinny wheat bagel. o_o Then I added the differences and subtracted from the original calories and nutrition facts to get the new nutrition. I just realized maybe I'm a little nuts lol. They don't list their 2 egg patty or egg white patty nutrition though, so I wasn't sure how else to do it? :P Am I the only one who does this?

Replies

• kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Now, I do that. Trying to find the "combo" that has the highest enjoyment to calore ratio.

You should see me on the Chipotle and Subway site...LOL
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You could just put it in as a meal each of the different combinations on MFP and see them right there. That's how I do things. I don't know I hate trying to calculate in my head.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    @craziedani I had to type it all up in a file lol #
    @kristen8000 Me too! Lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    @craziedani I had to type it all up in a file lol #
    @kristen8000 Me too! Lol I'm glad it's not just me.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You either *really* like numbers and data, or you're in the neurotic camp of macro tracking. I belong to the latter. Lol
  • Yoyoghurt
    Yoyoghurt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No you are quite normal... I have been cooking and adjusting recipes to suit me ... it makes a big difference - balance kjs/cals, enjoyment, nutrition and flavour!

You could contact au bon pain and ask them if they can send the info to you.