Sorry, but I see this far too often...

Options

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Seems like I see it wrong more than I see it right. For anyone unsure of the difference between lose and loose: I am eating at a calorie deficit, so I am going to lose weight. Now that I have lost weight, my pants are too loose. That's all I wanted to say, you can go back to succeeding at weight loss. Peace
    I actually get paid to correct people's writing (grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.). I have a degree in English lit. I even edit published books in my head when I read.

Yet somehow I manage to not need to call out random people posting on a message board for small lapses such as this.

But then I don't have a need to make myself feel intellectually superior over something so trivial.

a23zip.gif
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I do not think you are sorry like you say you are sorry. I am butthurt.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is thread # 123,345,678 on the subject that I've seen in the 3 years I've been here. I'm sure this is the one that will change everything, and the word will never ever be misspelled again!:laugh:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thanks four posting this I never would off known this otherwise...

Hahahaha.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago, I dated a guy dealing with dyslexia. Actually, my brother and my dad have it, too. It's more common than most of us think because people tend to be ashamed of it. We should be a little more sensitive to this. Yes, some people on here are idiots or are too lazy to read over their posts before posting. Some people actually have real difficulty with writing though, and posts like these make them even less likely to speak up. The guy I dated actually refuses to have a Facebook account because he's afraid everyone will make fun of his spelling problem.

Also, dyslexia does not equal stupid. My dad is one of the world's most desired manufacturing consultants. He's a professional engineer with an MBA, among other designations. The man just needs his reports proofread before they go out to anyone!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I yam glad u pointed these here out. Aye donout not lyk it neethers wen puple say looose wrung. I yam gled u coreketed them as they're grammer es berry bad n not gooder et all lyk hours is. u truley show how smert u is by corekting all dems people and tellen dems two be usen grammer morre gooder. ets halfpul n macs mee so heppee youre nollege is da most bestest kip ups da gud worken maken puples no their r no good at grammer.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m81efoicir1r927dro1_500-gif.jpg

I am to, or is two, nope this
    > too am glad to see this post!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    "I burnt 500 calories..."

Burnt calories taste bad.

Burnt is actually a perfectly acceptable past tense of burn and can be used interchangeably with burned.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    school-spelling-fail.jpg

I plan to be there.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago, I dated a guy dealing with dyslexia. Actually, my brother and my dad have it, too. It's more common than most of us think because people tend to be ashamed of it. We should be a little more sensitive to this. Yes, some people on here are idiots or are too lazy to read over their posts before posting. Some people actually have real difficulty with writing though, and posts like these make them even less likely to speak up. The guy I dated actually refuses to have a Facebook account because he's afraid everyone will make fun of his spelling problem.

Also, dyslexia does not equal stupid. My dad is one of the world's most desired manufacturing consultants. He's a professional engineer with an MBA, among other designations. The man just needs his reports proofread before they go out to anyone!

My father and brother have severe dyslexia. I dont think he's ever spelled Daddy correctly, but he is an electrician with 30 years experience. I couldnt do some of the calculations that come second nature to him when he's bending wire.

I do help them out with spelling and punctuation, but I never belittle them about it. It's just a weakness. On the plus side by gentle guidance I've got the boyfriend to quit saying irregardless. We are still working on the double negatives.

PS im the lazy one dont care what i type im not writing a dissertation on here.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    The biggest spelling error on this site. lol
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Seems like I see it wrong more than I see it right. For anyone unsure of the difference between lose and loose: I am eating at a calorie deficit, so I am going to lose weight. Now that I have lost weight, my pants are too loose. That's all I wanted to say, you can go back to succeeding at weight loss. Peace
    I actually get paid to correct people's writing (grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.). I have a degree in English lit. I even edit published books in my head when I read.

Yet somehow I manage to not need to call out random people posting on a message board for small lapses such as this.

But then I don't have a need to make myself feel intellectually superior over something so trivial.

But isn't that what you just did?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

b/c you don't CARE about the common man! OP was just trying to HELP.

*damn, can't find my "leave Brittney alone" gif...
    I am of the grammatically elite. You are correct, sir. I do not care about the grammar commoners.

(Even if you are a ma'am. Or "mame" as a friend of mine spells it.)

do they mame many madams?

*nice alliteration, amirite??
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Losie loosies aside, how often do you weight yourself?
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For those of you that this seems to bother have you considered that perhaps english is not the person's first language!

If you have so much time to let it bother and you make a post about it I suggest you step away from the computer there is a whole world of exciting things to see and do in real time! Plus alot of real issues to b*tch about!

Karen

Amen. Get a life.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    there, their, they're some people will never get it

Lol at this

Or they're there, their people will never get it.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks four posting this I never would off known this otherwise...

"....I never would HAVE known this ....."

This one really drives me nuts.
  • aahoward2
    aahoward2 Posts: 5
    Options
    :laugh: ha ha
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I before E accept after C?
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If this is posted so often you'd think people would use correct grammar by now!

Um....................no. Think about it for a minute, new people on here everyday, some english isn't there first language, and also a lot of people aren't great with spelling and some just don't give a *kitten*. Therefore this issue will never be solved. But making them feel stupid is a great idea.
    "cardio vs weights"
    "i can't seem to eat 1200 calories"
    "What am i doing wrong"
    "should i try "X" Diet"

nobody will ever learn, and we will be back here again. and again, and again...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmtYox_IoxcUCpYxR9PrmsjqsDyrhQttxZlYHs97jhlgpk30r8ew