Fitbits & water/snow...help!

Options
So my new insurance plan pays for a fitbit (we get an allowance). My son plays sports and sometimes it's raining or snowing...and I'm wondering which Fitbits would be considered almost "all weather"? Looking at the Charge 2 mostly.

TIA

Replies

• rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge 2 and I have accidentally swam with it, showered with it and been washing things in the lake totally submerging it and it's working just fine. I also have cracked my screen though and still working. I don't try and do these things I just forget about it some times because I wear it every day.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex 2. Its one of the more basic fitbit options, but it is waterproof. I shower and swim with mine on.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have a charge 2, you're not supposed to submerge in water but it's slash, rain and sweat resistant..
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the product descriptions on Fitbit website for the official claims.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

(And yes I did read the description but I'd rather hear from real-world -- what's on paper doesn't always work in real life)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Usually if it is raining or snowing I have on done type of jacket so it limits how wet my Fitbit gets. I have the Alta - never even considered some weather harming it. I don't shower or swim in it though. And for the mud run I did I put it in a waterproof pouch under my shirt.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Fitbit flex 2 and fitbit iconic are both fine for swimming, do pretty sure they would be ok for rain and snow