Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Struggling with Menopause & Weightloss

I. Am. Struggling. :neutral:
In my late 30's and have already gone through menopause after a full hysterectomy. I have gained 20+ pounds since beginning estrogen therapy. I've never had issues with dropping weight when I put effort in and now it's more difficult than ever. Anyone have any helpful tips on how to lose weight?

Replies

• owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member

My stepmum had very similar issues when she hit menopause and is beginning to lose the weight now, but it was a right struggle at the start and i'm not sure how long it took for her hormones to level out and for any exercise and diet to actually make a difference.
    Just keep in mind that any exercise you do will at least keep you healthy and will be a benefit once your body settles down and does what you tell it ;)

hang in there.
  • AmiLJohannsen
    AmiLJohannsen Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Keep your logging as accurate as possible, after a month or two you can check your calorie level, against your results and have a good idea of what your tdee is