issue with Garmin app?

Options
I recently bought a fenix 5S in July. I love the device but I've been having trouble syncing it with my iPhone and iPad. I've spoken with Garmin tech support several times about this issue but they are claiming it's due to an ios update. My iPhone constantly (as in, daily) kicks off the Garmin and I've never been able to get the iPad app to work. Is anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Mine drops out occasionally but it's very rare. My 5S is very quick to reestablish the link. Note that the watch won't link to your device unless you actually have the app open and have a live internet connection (either wi-fi or cellular).

The one time that I did permanently lose connection between my watch and phone, I just force shut the app and then reopened it. It worked fine.

I did run into issues when trying to have the device sync to both a phone and a pad. Now I only sync to one and use the Garmin Connect website when I want to see data on the other. It's not ideal but it's better than fighting with the connection across two devices.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Android user so all I can say is you rebooting your phone.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My 935 occasionally loses Bluetooth connection with the phone, especially if I'm doing something where I'm repeatedly going in and out of BT reception range between the phone and watch (i.e., it sometimes doesn't reconnect properly when back in range). Force quitting and restarting the GC Mobile app usually fixes it right away (I always leave the GC Mobile app open, but running in the background).

I've gone through whatever the last version of iOS 10 was up to 11.0.2 now, haven't noticed any difference in connectivity from the iOS updates.