Protein meal replacement?

Options
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a protein powder that is good for weight loss and keeps you satisfied until the next meal? Preferably one without artificial sweeteners colors or ingredients.

Thank you!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Protein is protein. Some protein powders are made with whey. Some are made with vegetables. If you want "vegan", go with the vegetables. If you want "affordable" go with the whey. If you want to lose weight, stay in a calorie deficit. Why do you think a protein powder to replace a meal is a good idea? The meal should provide you with a wide range of macros and micros, while the powder provides you with only a very narrow range of macros,
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein powder isn't for weight loss, it's a way to supplement your protein intake if you can't get enough through food. I personally don't find protein shakes satiating - I'd rather eat food.

You can get non flavoured ones, or you could look for a stevia sweetened one - there are plenty of options available that are stevia sweetened and flavoured just with vanilla or cacao
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Kmarie8212 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good recommendation for a protein powder that is good for weight loss and keeps you satisfied until the next meal? Preferably one without artificial sweeteners colors or ingredients.

Thank you!

Do you want an actual meal replacement or a protein powder. They are slightly different. If you want a meal replacement, you may want to look at the link below.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/meal-replacements
  • Lilpeas2
    Lilpeas2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love this information too. I use isogenix but I'm not attached to it. I'd like to try something else!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to go with a whey protein isolate (it's whey protein with almost everything but the actual protein removed). There's one on Amazon called Isopure that fits perfectly, but be prepared to pay a lot for it ($40/3 pounds).
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have GNC Wheybolic with peanut butter, psyllium fiber, banana, and iced coffee for a post workout/breakfast on the go.
  • deeno123
    deeno123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition. Extreme milk chocolate and vanilla ice cream is my go to.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Your best bet is to go with a whey protein isolate (it's whey protein with almost everything but the actual protein removed). There's one on Amazon called Isopure that fits perfectly, but be prepared to pay a lot for it ($40/3 pounds).

Isopure whey Isolate is my go-to! It's well worth the money for me.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Protein powder isn't for weight loss, it's a way to supplement your protein intake if you can't get enough through food. I personally don't find protein shakes satiating - I'd rather eat food.

You can get non flavoured ones, or you could look for a stevia sweetened one - there are plenty of options available that are stevia sweetened and flavoured just with vanilla or cacao

I agree with all of this.

Put some ice cream and peanut butter in your protein shake if you want it to be more satisfying, but that eats into your calories quite a bit. Or, drink the shake with some real food and the increase volume will help you to feel full longer. It's all a trade-off.
  • Kmarie8212
    Kmarie8212 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Protein is protein. Some protein powders are made with whey. Some are made with vegetables. If you want "vegan", go with the vegetables. If you want "affordable" go with the whey. If you want to lose weight, stay in a calorie deficit. Why do you think a protein powder to replace a meal is a good idea? The meal should provide you with a wide range of macros and micros, while the powder provides you with only a very narrow range of macros,

I have done my research that the type of protein (whey and casein) can help you feel satisfied longer and works to boost metabolism some. Also preserves muscle mass when dieting. I know in order to lose weight you have to have a deficit, I'm not naive or stupid nor am I looking for a quick fix magic weight loss supplement. I'm always on the go with my job so I never eat lunch because I'd either have to pack something that doesn't need refrigerated or heated which leaves not much to pack or eat out which I can't afford. A meal replacement shake is a good option for me.