How did I fall this far off the wagon?

Options
Argh - my gauge of what is reasonable seems to have gone out the window!!! How did I fall this far off the wagon? Already I am -133 over today preworkout which is too far for me this time of day - I usually workout in the evenings when I do.

I am going to regain control now!

However, everyone's starting point is someone else's goal so I am open minded to your perspectives.

My stats.
Female, 5'6", 31 years old
I add on my exercise calories (usually from walking and crossfit)
Goal = 1,530 (+exercise calories using HRM)
Target = 60kg of lean muscle.

Summary to date:
January 1st 2013 - Started MFP
Jan - May - lost approx 9-11kg
May - today - lost between 10-12.5kg total and I am currently back at closer to an 11kg loss.

Exercise:
Since January - taking daily walks instead of using transport
Since April - I have been crossfiting 2-3 x per week

I like to bake once in a while and eat what I bake in moderation having worked out the caloric values.
I like to cook but don't usually until I'm hungry, and when I'm not hungry I rarely know what I want later on .
I like to exercise and usually feel refreshed for it after, but rarely feel refreshed on waking up.

My MFP friends are ace and they all have my back, I know that from the feedback they leave - tomorrows another day - just try harder tomorrow - but I honestly don't know where I am going wrong in balancing my effort to get the results.

I would welcome suggestions please if anybody else has had similar experience and can give guidance because at the moment it feels like I am killing old habits but causing more trouble by trying to make new ones.

Many thanks

Replies

• Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Maybe your exercise calories are off.

Could try a different approach (e.g. TDEE-20%) to reduce potential input errors.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It turns out that I wasn't so far off the wagon - I just needed to remember to rest as well as exercise and that is bringing rewards again already.

Keep going and stay focus if you are reading this! Good luck :smile: