New MFPer

Options
texann
texann Posts: 11 Member
Hi I am Sheila, I am a stay at home grammy. I keep my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter full time and my 13 year old granddaughter after school and summers. I have 4 granddaughters in total and 1 new granddaughter on the way (due September 18). Shoot even my granddoggy is a girl!!! My oldest daughter doesn't want children but she sure looooves her pooch! :) I have been weight conscious all my adult life but never realized how thin I really was until I quit smoking and turned 50 all around the same time and put on 30 extra pounds. Im really glad I quit smoking though (I WILL NEVER smoke again), maybe not so glad about turning 50 and certainly not at all happy about gaining 30 pounds. Well I made a few small changes and dropped 10 of the 30 but just couldn't seem to shed the final 20. Until now! My daughter Kerri has been a fitness pal member for about 2 months and has lost an amazing 26 pounds!!!! She raves about the support, encouragement and camaraderie she enjoys here daily. I have been on for about a 12 days, and I thought I had introduced myself (Kerri informed me I just tagged onto someones intro so I am trying again. I have lost 2 lbs in the 12 days. My goal is 20 total and to do it 1 lb a week. I am exercising more, making better choices for eating healthy (my hubby hates it LOL) and getting excited about my life once again. I homeschool my 2 1/2 year old and have for about 2 years. Not really hard core yet but she is one smart cookie. I have been a mom and wife for 35 wonderful years. Since I haven't really decided what I want to be when I grow up I will tell you some of my many careers LOL I taught special education for 3 years drove a school bus for 3 weeks (a funny story I may share someday), owned a restaurant for 4 years before that, drove a catering truck (roach coach to many who frequented them on construction sites and other places) for 12 years before that , managed a womens retail store for 7 years before that and was a mom and wife for 7 years before starting on my career search. I think a stay at home grammy suits me just fine, but one never know what opportunities God has for us around the next bend and I remain open to his will. I am a baby christian; meaning I have always believed in God but until 2 years ago I didn't really want him pokin round in my life too much. I have come to the healthy realization that God is the reason for my life and obedience to Him is what is expected of me and I am all about praying that God will poke into my life! If you would like to be my friend I would consider myself blessed. I am glad to be here and I look forward to making many friends.

Replies

• anij67
    anij67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Wow, you've been busy! I homeschooled my 3 daughters and will teach my 2 grandsons soon (1 and 3). My oldest daughter is back home with me :)...my baby is 18 and my 22 year old is expecting!! Looking forward to being your friend and encouraging each other!