Sunday Dinner..

Options
So me and my family are having a proper Sunday roast tomorrow night, and - with it being chicken for the main protein source - I am delighted to say I want to eat a lot of it! I’ve shyed from roast dinners in the past because I hate fatty cuts of beef and pork.

Does anyone have any ideas for what lunch I could have? I’m looking for something healthy ranging from 400-550 calories. I’ll be eating 350-500kcals for breakfast (porridge and fruit with almonds), 400-500kcals for lunch and then freelancing the rest of the day. :/

I’m not a huge eater and I enjoy to stock up on veg, so I assume my dinner won’t be more than 600kcals. I don’t eat stuffing. I’m planning on eating roast potatoes, roast chicken (small), sweetcorn, broccoli and cauliflower, but I usually don’t eat much because I hate feeling stuffed. Also, I do eat fat free yogurt (100g/49kcals) and fruit (apple, banana and berries) for pudding, which is another 150-200kcals.

Help???

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever food you like and have available I amounts that fit your goal.
    If you are not meeting your protein goal with your other meals you might want some protein foods.

Sandwich and soup
    Burger and salad
    Slice of pizza and salad
    Pasta salad
    Fish, vegetables
    Stuffed baked potato
    Eggs
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not clear on why whatever you normally have for lunch will not work?

I eat a 400-550 cal lunch quite often, and really it's endless possibilities. Leftovers, salad with some kind of protein on it, pasta, sandwich, stirfry, bean stew, omelet -- what do you like?
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well a proper chicken Sunday roast as you describe is typically 800 - 1000 calories. It doesn't look much on the plate but it is a very high calorie meal. Most of the calories are in the chicken skin, roast potatoes