Happy Relationships Make me FAT

Options
SweetAsPie872
SweetAsPie872 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Since being with my boyfriend I've gained 30lbs in a year and a half. I haven't been this heavy since I was pregnant 12 years ago. It seems the older we get the harder to lose. I've been making healthier choices but this morning was a set back on emotions. I actually gained 2 freaking pounds! I've been parking farther away. Eating salads etc. I do have a problem meeting my calorie goals. I seem to eat less than I'm supposed to. So how come I'm gaining? Anyway, my name is Amanda, I'm 35. Mother of 2 boys ages 12 & 14 and I'm a trauma nurse. Wanted to introduce myself and say hello and wish everyone the best of luck on the journey to better lives. I've also started a group for us Texas folks. It's called Texas Heat. Feel free to join.

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Here to support if you need it
  • MrAwesome1157
    MrAwesome1157 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat less then 1000 cals a day, I also burn half or all of that exercising, I've lost 10 pounds in week, dropped 3 percent body fat in 2 weeks! I drink coffee for an appetite suppressant, I eat about 500-700 cals for lunch, sometimes a small snack at night, of course I don't eat supper usually either
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    shanitilly wrote: »
    I read that if you eat too few caleries your body thinks it needs to store everything and you get more fat. Dunno how true it is..

Don't listen to this. There is literally no way for you to gain weight if you CI<CO.

Two pounds in a short amount of time is most likely water weight, which could be caused by high sodium intake, time of the month, or new work out routines.
  • Meggan_Adele
    Meggan_Adele Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm struggling with the Fat and Happy relationship myself! I've gained a little over 30 pounds in a year. Time to put a stop to it!!
  • MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    At risk of sounding uncouth, I have always wondered what the reason for this is in both males and females. I have never understood why when people are in a happy relationship they let themselves go.

Is it because people don't feel like they have anything to prove anymore? Or something else?

In any case would be happy to join you on your journey back to your happy place!
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    We are all here for support. I'm sure you will do great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    shanitilly wrote: »
    I read that if you eat too few caleries your body thinks it needs to store everything and you get more fat. Dunno how true it is..

Not true at all...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I eat less then 1000 cals a day, I also burn half or all of that exercising, I've lost 10 pounds in week, dropped 3 percent body fat in 2 weeks! I drink coffee for an appetite suppressant, I eat about 500-700 cals for lunch, sometimes a small snack at night, of course I don't eat supper usually either

Essentially all you're doing is deliberately burning muscle... you know your heart is a muscle, right?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Since being with my boyfriend I've gained 30lbs in a year and a half. I haven't been this heavy since I was pregnant 12 years ago. It seems the older we get the harder to lose. I've been making healthier choices but this morning was a set back on emotions. I actually gained 2 freaking pounds! I've been parking farther away. Eating salads etc. I do have a problem meeting my calorie goals. I seem to eat less than I'm supposed to. So how come I'm gaining? Anyway, my name is Amanda, I'm 35. Mother of 2 boys ages 12 & 14 and I'm a trauma nurse. Wanted to introduce myself and say hello and wish everyone the best of luck on the journey to better lives. I've also started a group for us Texas folks. It's called Texas Heat. Feel free to join.

Weight loss isnt linear, you won't lose every week even if you do everything right...
  • Gypsiii888
    Gypsiii888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lost my first 10 need motivational friends that are serious in losing weight please add me
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Nice to meet you! It sounds like a lot of us have experienced the same. I am also a Registered Nurse for a trauma center in Cal. I started intermittent fasting 2 weeks ago and I am down 10 lbs. I feel energetic, and have nothing but positive comments to say about it. It also works out very well for the 12 hour shifts. Wondering, what does your macrointake look like? Feel free to add me :)
  • rustypep
    rustypep Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Listen to what aeloine said. You body will hold weight, especially water weight at times. Sodium intake can throw you off. It can take a few days to balance out and show up on the scale. I would also buy a foodscale and measure portions to make sure you are eating what you think you are eating. That helped me a lot in the beginning.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Healthy relationships don't make you fat. Overeating makes you fat
  • GaryMilan2017
    GaryMilan2017 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there hope to help with you and support your journey.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    At risk of sounding uncouth, I have always wondered what the reason for this is in both males and females. I have never understood why when people are in a happy relationship they let themselves go.

Is it because people don't feel like they have anything to prove anymore? Or something else?

In any case would be happy to join you on your journey back to your happy place!

Doesn't explain it for men but I know that I went from cooking single serving small portions for myself to eating the same as my partner who is much bigger than me so obviously needs more calories. It is harder to portion control when cooking for 2 or eating the tasty meals that someone else cooks you.

My boyfriend also introduced me to craft beer which was both the best and the worst thing!