Water

Options
Does anyone have any tips to getting more water in during the day? Im struggling lately. I don't drink anything except chocolate almond milk(1 cup) and water.

Replies

• EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Make an effort to drink more.
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Buy a reusable water bottle and commit yourself to drinking a certain amount of them. It's simple.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do anything like drink a gallon of water a day or some such nonsense.

Is your urine pale yellow? If so, you're plenty hydrated.

If not, pretty much any liquid counts, including coffee, tea, soda and juice - just make sure you log things with calories!

~Lyssa
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Well, 1st, is of course drink a little before, during, and after workouts. Second, even if you order tea or soda when eating out, still drink at least 6-8 oz of water before/during the meal (or better yet, skip the soda and just go all water). If you go to the b-room, or take a stretch break at work during the day, go grab a sip or two from the fountain/cooler.

I don't typically sweat water. If I'm thirsty I drink. If I'm really yellow when I go #1, I drink (typically only 1st thing in the AM). Even soda and tea are mostly water...so they count (even milk).
  • cwilber1
    cwilber1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Crystal light or other "go pouches". They add flavor and hardly any calories. Personally I use one serving/pouch per quart of water.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    See if temperature makes a difference. My mom noticed she drinks more water when it's cold. I prefer room temperature. You could also try water infusions and play with different combinations of fruits and/or herbs. Straight strawberry is my favourite, especially when you can get a bunch of super sweet ones. There are lots of combos online though.
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was really bad at this before but two things helped me make a world of difference. 1) I bought a reusable bottle that I take with me everywhere and have one at home also. 2) A water intake tracking app that I was able to download and keep track of how much water I consumed. Hope this helps!