I hate being petite

Options
haniame
haniame Posts: 97 Member
edited October 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So being 5ft1 at 106 lbs, my BMR IS 1150 calories,and tdee around 1500. so to lose a couple of pounds i need to eat 1200 calories. What at some meals that are filling yet healthy and around 300-400 cals?

Replies

• MatthewRuch
    MatthewRuch Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    qkqbix417btz.gif
  • haniame
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    You're already at the bottom end of your healthy weight range, you don't need to lose weight.

Okay but even then, maintenance calories are around 1200 cause I’m pretty much sedentary :neutral: so i do need low fat healthy meal options
  • haniame
    Options
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    I maintain around 1700... Feel free to add me... I'm 5'2" 115lbs and recomping. I have an open diary with plenty of 300/400 calorie meals.

Thank you! Adding you!
  • haniame
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    haniame wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    You're already at the bottom end of your healthy weight range, you don't need to lose weight.

Okay but even then, maintenance calories are around 1200 cause I’m pretty much sedentary :neutral: so i do need low fat healthy meal options

I am 1 inch shorter than you. I would lose around a pound a week eating 1500 calories. I am going to have to say this is not a short person problem but a sedentary problem.

Some things that may help - choose low calorie condiments (mustard, hot sauce, balsamic vinegar). Eat a decent size of lean protein and fill the rest of your plate with low calorie vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, cucumber). Strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew melon are fantastic low calorie fruits to fill up on.

Thanks! And yes you’re right! It’s more about being sedentary!
  • haniame
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Stop being sedentary then.

I am staying with my parents for a few weeks, and i have been having some sort of internal bleeding which is hindering me from getting an good workout in
  • haniame
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    haniame wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Stop being sedentary then.

I am staying with my parents for a few weeks, and i have been having some sort of internal bleeding which is hindering me from getting an good workout in

And you're currently worried about losing weight?

Focus on your health and eat at maintenance. Your body needs to heal and it needs the calories to do so. Do not cut out food groups unless prescribed to do so by a doctor.

Thanks. Don’t want to lose considering what my body is going through and don’t want to gain either
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Get well soon :-)
  • haniame
    Options
    CTcutie wrote: »
    Get well soon :-)

Thank you!!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I hope you get better soon. Use this time to take care of yourself and get the nutrients you need.
  • haniame
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I hope you get better soon. Use this time to take care of yourself and get the nutrients you need.

Hope so! Thanks!!
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot one and sedentary as well. On 1,200 calories a day, I am losing about one pound a week. 1,600 calories a day is maintenance for me. Feel free to add me and take a look at my food diary. If you want low calorie, filling meals, make sure you meet your protein goals each day and also hit your fiber goals. You need some fat in your diet to help your body absorb nutrients and vitamins. Your best bet at 1,200 calories is to cook most of your meals at home. That way, you can control the amount of added fat and sugar that add so many calories to pre-packaged, pre-made or restaurant foods.
  • haniame
    Options
    Ye
    I'm five foot one and sedentary as well. On 1,200 calories a day, I am losing about one pound a week. 1,600 calories a day is maintenance for me. Feel free to add me and take a look at my food diary. If you want low calorie, filling meals, make sure you meet your protein goals each day and also hit your fiber goals. You need some fat in your diet to help your body absorb nutrients and vitamins. Your best bet at 1,200 calories is to cook most of your meals at home. That way, you can control the amount of added fat and sugar that add so many calories to pre-packaged, pre-made or restaurant foods.

Yep i cook my meals :) and adding you. Thanks