Excess fat?

So I've lost 40 pounds in just over 12 weeks.. I've hit the 40 pound mark about a month and a half ago. I've been maintaining since then. I do lift weights and do cardio, both 5 days a week. I have a balanced diet. However I still see excess fat on my body. Particularly my lower belly. If I'm sitting a certain way or something, I notice I have "rolls" or just extra fat that shouldn't be there. Will this take a while to get rid of?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    I think you will find that most people have a roll of fat or what looks like a roll of fat when they are sitting regarding of in a certain way or not.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Possibly loose skin. Since you lost the weight in such a short amount of time, it's possible that you skin hasn't had any time to bounce back yet.
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Possibly loose skin. Since you lost the weight in such a short amount of time, it's possible that you skin hasn't had any time to bounce back yet.

Yes thank you, I meant loose skin all along. I'm wondering how long that might take to get rid of
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Sometimes it can take a year or more...sometimes it never does entirely. It's mostly up to genetics and age, unfortunately.