average body composition using tanita scales

Options
Hi Guys!
I've been wandering all over google and not really getting anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out..
I have a Tanita scale that tells me things like body fat, muscle mass etc. I'd really like to know how I stack up to Janine Average, but I'm having trouble finding out what the average muscle mass for a girl like me would be.
Does anyone have an idea/equation/website that would tell me this?
Hydration and body fat were easy enough to find, but muscle mass is trickier!
Also, if anyone can advise me as to what constitutes an 'athlete' to these scales (I can weigh as a girl, or as a girl athlete. I don't feel like an athlete, but I do work out a lot so maybe I am in Tanita's eyes..) I'd be appreciative!!

AND...
Please don't start about the inaccuracies of these scales. I know. I know. I use them as one part of a much broader view of my progress, I just like data, and I figure that even if they use the sketchiest of science to give me numbers, they're at least using the same sketchy science every time so change will still be evident.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why not just look up average/healthy body fat percentage? Your fat free mass is what is left when you take fat mass from total weight.
  • PB4Lyfe
    PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    because I never thought of that. duh.
    *rolls eyes* *slams door like a teenager* *thankyou*