Lower belly exercises.

Options
Hi, can someone help me please, for the last 4 months I haven been really watching what I eat, calorie counting, and started new exercise routine. I am still at the beginnings but I can already see a difference and I am so far happy with it. The only problem I have is my lower stomach. I look PREGNANT, the rest of my tummy is getting nice and toned, with a start of a six pack, but my lower tummy still sticks out. I know I carry bit of fat around that area, but I am nowhere near overweight (63kg and 180cm). So I was wondering if someone can recommend exercises to work on my lower tummy to eventually get rig of it. I currently run about 6 times a week (nothing crazy but I get at least 20 min a day) plus I do "you are your own gym" strength exercises and some weight lifting. I also walk A LOT. And it's always at faster pace when my heart rate really elevates. I am not sure if this is posture problem, food intolerance or just being greedy and struggling to give up on sweets :( I left my diary open to see if I perhaps need to eliminate something.
Thank you for your help

Replies

• soccer121998
    soccer121998 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The lower belly fat is always the last to go it seems :/. However, you can't spot reduce fat; keep doing what your doing and be patient, sometime it can take up to 6 months to really see a change in your results.
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lift more, cardio less. Your body shape will not change with cardio alone. So for me at least its the standard compound exercises - deadlifts, squats, overhead press. They all work your core and help reshape your body. Good luck and stick with it.