Out to lose 100 looking for friends with similar goals

Options
JRSINAZ
JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
I got back on the wagon so to speak August 22nd and want to go all the way and get this weight off. I have already dropped 24 pounds but know going forward 2 pounds per week is where I need to be at a minimum. I never thought about joining the community and finding like minded friends but please add me if you are on the same chapter as me. I have made my food diary public to be more accountable to myself especially.

Replies

• AmberandDante110906
    Options
    Good job on the 24 lbs. I'm out to lose 150lbs. So we both on a long journey together.
  • Lilpeas2
    Lilpeas2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great work! I'm going to lose at least 100 pounds, only 5 days in but feeing fairly good about things! One day at a time, we can do this!
  • Kristisnewme
    Kristisnewme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I myself am trying to lose 120lbs.
  • Gabrmar9678
    Gabrmar9678 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same boat tired of looking in the mirror not liking what I see.........I quit smoking nearly 2 years ago and gained 30lbs......I know if I have the will power to quit smoking I can lose weight.......just have to get busy with it......congratulations on losing 24 lbs buddy people like u give me the inspiration to get off my lazy butt and kick it into gear!!!!!!!!!!
  • JRSINAZ
    Options
    Here's a before picture taken in August this year, yikes.
    k5mwd2ksp043.jpg
  • Dkirkpatrick3114
    Dkirkpatrick3114 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started 45 days ago to lose 130

Running & walking 3 miles a day. 5 days a week plus throwing in some light lifting & core work

Good luck
  • SammiLovesAFI
    SammiLovesAFI Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. I'm looking to drop 120lbs and for some buddies to keep me motivated
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sent you friend request. I too am back on the wagon. lost lots already, but still have 50 or so to go. Have an open food diary for those who want to take a look. Log daily. encourage my friends etc.

• ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am looking for supportive friends too. I still have at least 80 to loose. I've been loosing pretty steady for a year, but kinda stalling out.
  • brimom19
    brimom19 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I also have about 100 pounds to lose. Good job on the weightloss so far
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m in !!! Down 80+ so far but still another 120-130 to go. I’ll be there with you for support as we go forward.
  • LKFeral69
    LKFeral69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lara. I am just starting out and have at least 77 pounds to lose. BMI charts would suggest 99, but I've never been a follower. Lol!

I do want to look better, but really this is about health. I am only 48 and wake up feeling 80 years old a lot of days. I want some energy!
  • JRSINAZ
    Options
    I am over three-quarters of the way to my original goal {77#} that I set for myself which was to lose 100 pounds. At this point in my journey I'm starting to really see some exciting changes in my body and not just clothing sizes but in terms of my health and mental Acumen all improving. I'm starting to jog a little bit when I do my walks to get my heart rate up but not so much to where I would injure myself. I have not been to the gym not even once although I have a membership and I know I need to do that so in light of that I feel like my success is even more incredible. I have to give a lot of the credit to MFP and tracking my food and the CICO. What you eat really is about 80% of weight loss to me I'd rather not work out for an hour and Skip cookies or chips. I'm a busy professional I work full time although it's a desk job very sedentary which means I have to get up and get moving on breaks and lunch hour and I was recently widowed about 2 years ago so now the home and all of that responsibilities totally on me. The difference this time around is it's not a diet it's going to be a lifestyle for the rest of my life I'm currently doing Whole Food plant-based.
  • somrok
    somrok Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - keep up your healthy habits. You are doing great!!!
  • HalaMadrid94
    HalaMadrid94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've got 140 lbs to shed and I'm looking for motivation buddies too!
  • KerstinL66
    KerstinL66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me. I got about 100 lbs to lose