How to figure correct TDEE?

Options
Hi Ya'll,

How do you correctly figure TDEE and what do the letter stand for? Sorry to be ignorant about this.

Here are my stats: Female, 56 yrs, 184 lbs, light exercise several times a week, but not daily.

Thanks!!

Replies

• 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi Ya'll,

How do you correctly figure TDEE and what do the letter stand for? Sorry to be ignorant about this.

Here are my stats: Female, 56 yrs, 184 lbs, light exercise several times a week, but not daily.

Thanks!!

Sorry! I'm 5'8" tall.
  • 2aycocks
    Options
    bump
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure

You will need some body measurements and then Google TDEE calculator and you should find good resources. I used scooby and cross referenced it with 2 other calculators.

You will also need to accurately reflect your activity level. So think about that or do some searches through the forums as this topic comes up all the time.
  • 2aycocks
    Options
    Ok, so I googled some sites and got my TDEE on them. They are close. But it seems awfully high to me. Both were aroumd 2100 - 2200 calories per day. Should I do the less 20%? I don't think I would lose any weight eating that much. MFP has me at 1350 before any exercising.